Lessons Learned From Company On Cut Backs

A

anonymous6

Zilch for founders day at my center. No more gloves. No more BBQ's. No more retirement cakes. among other things.

So to follow in the companies footsteps I am going to start my own cut back program.

Shave only 2-3 times a week. Savings at about $50 a year. Wear the same shirt all week will save substantially on laundry bill.

No more haircuts. That's about $25 savings every 6 weeks.

No more deoderant. about $36 savings a year.

Sponge baths in men's room instead of showers at home. That's about $400 a year savings.

shoes from thrift store. about $4 a pair .

anyone else have other cut backs i can employ?

Everyone thinks that Founders' Day is some kind of god given right. When I started driving there was no Founders' Day, it was something management came up with during the company's more profitable times. Now when the economy has tanked they have taken it away. No big deal.

tourists24

Dont give money to your charity of choice through UPS.... this gives the foundation of your choice MORE money in this time of need....these are tough enough times as it is,,, UPS will understand

Zilch for founders day at my center. No more gloves. No more BBQ's. No more retirement cakes. among other things.

So to follow in the companies footsteps I am going to start my own cut back program.

Shave only 2-3 times a week. Savings at about $50 a year. Wear the same shirt all week will save substantially on laundry bill.

No more haircuts. That's about $25 savings every 6 weeks.

No more deoderant. about $36 savings a year.

Sponge baths in men's room instead of showers at home. That's about $400 a year savings.

shoes from thrift store. about $4 a pair .

anyone else have other cut backs i can employ?

Follow these ideas and you`ll save money from not having any women around you also. Not necessarily a bad thing.

NHDRVR

I have to say that I could care less about the cutbacks. If supplies are low or something is taken away from us I simply can't use it.

No driver release bags?? no problem...

No replacement DIAD pens or D-Notes?? No problem

Just don't mention to me why I am not using what is clearly not provided for me in the 1st place...

rocket man

How many people in CENTER eat that cake right after a pcm? HOW many drivers really stay for the bbq.or say thank you? ARE THEY THE DRIVERS WHO SKIP LUNCH SO THE DRIVER NEXT TO THEM GETS LAID OFF?.A REAL RETIRMENT PARTY WOULD BE DRIVERS GETTING Together at night to have a small party ! BUT i know you dont have the time or money due to shaving and taking a bath. OR you dont make enough for a retirment party.5 dollars ten dollars a man in a center would cover it . ask your local to use the hall . But alot of you dont no where that is. This is a rare time im for the company.Reach in your own wallet .

Ms.PacMan

Go commando. Again less laundry. (I'm guessing the average male buys undies so infrequently that the cost savings for that would be negligible though:laugh:).It would also save time on the potty breaks. Money saver for both you and UPS.

Skip dental hygiene - again good for both you and UPS. Saves you time and money and the customers will avoid chatting with you, saving you time on deliveries.

A

anonymous6

I actually applaud the co's efforts to save money and position itself strong when the economy starts to pick up again.

just trying to have a little fun but there are always some people that takes things so seriously.

chill

retired2000

how bad do you think ups is off. do they really need to cut back on tings or is just their way of getting back at the union memebers. just because they did not make as much last year compared to other years is no reason to cut the way they did.

tourists24

how bad do you think ups is off. do they really need to cut back on tings or is just their way of getting back at the union memebers. just because they did not make as much last year compared to other years is no reason to cut the way they did.
Good point... I dont expect to see the cuts stop even when things get better.

M

Mike23

Agreed! I'm curious as to how many drivers per manager ratio has been let go. Is our union aware of it? If it's not equal where is our union?