Let the "Bands" begin. Salary Bands coming in April?

1930: A consolidated service begins in New York City, and began operations soon after in other major cities in the East and the Midwest. First mechanical system for package sorting. Accountant George D. Smith joins the company. The name United Parcel Service is adopted all over the country. All UPS vehicles are then painted the familiar Pullman brown, chosen because it was considered neat, dignified, and professional. Headquarters move to New York City.
So were the cars yellow at some time before 1930?

pretzel_man

So were the cars yellow at some time before 1930?

I don't think vehicles were ever yellow. That was one of the strong possibilities.

Another option discussed was to paint each vehicle a different color. It was thought that it would make it look like we had more vehicles than we did.

At the time, Pullman Rail cars were seen as luxurious and very elegant. UPS thankfully decided to paint our vehicles Pullman Brown.

In the long run, we were happy because it blended in. Since we were delivering for retail stores, we did not want our brand to outshine the store we delivered for.

At least, that's how I understand it.

smokey

Pretzel......any updates on when the pay bands will be implemented? I overheard the Non ops were placed on hold, until further notice. I was hoping they were going to review this information prior to upcoming pay period.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I overheard the Non ops were placed on hold, until further notice.

i was told by two center manager's there's a hiring freeze on supes, we have several spots that need to be filled badly, and i'm waiting for a transfer to OMS so everyone's just stuck in place atm

truth or lie, you be the judge, the lines are open

pretzel_man

Pretzel......any updates on when the pay bands will be implemented? I overheard the Non ops were placed on hold, until further notice. I was hoping they were going to review this information prior to upcoming pay period.

Sorry, I don't .

I attended a meeting about 8 weeks ago. Nothing new since then...

Catatonic

Nine Lives

My understanding is that the bands were being implemented now everywhere in the US UPS Brown company except Info Tech.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
rumor has it that, june is when the pay bands will be implemented.

I was looking at the Job Ops on Friday and none of them appear to have the new bands yet ... they all had the old supervisor levels (11 - 14).
I'll check back in a few weeks and see if they have changed.

Note to my management: Sorry but I'm not looking to transfer out ... no early Christmas present for you.