Let's Get the New Year Started Right "On Topic" Safety is the greatest most extreme issue.

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The first sentence of the preliminary introduction to Article 18 in the National Master United Parcel Service Agreement exlpains that UPS and the IBT are in agreement that the safety of the employees and the general public is of the utmost importance.

In what ways do you see your Union Officials and Local Management Team living out this statement?

Integrity would think that if it was agreed between a company and a union that the safety of the employees and the general public was an issue of most extreme or of greatest importance then there would be clear evidence of this in the local workplace.

What evidence do you see of this agreement between UPS and the IBT?

How do you think this can become more of reality in the workplace?

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Sincerely,
I

10 point

Define "we" and "group".

Brown Cafe Safety Committee?

Meet on the 2nd tues of every month so all our concerns get written down on the Ketter etch-a-sketch?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Dude, some of us have hangovers.
VonDutch,

You have a hangover?

I am very sorry to hear that.

Happy New Year anyway.

Why would you come to a discussion thread if you are incapable of participating in the discussion because of your hangover?

No judgement or condemnation, but starting a new year off with a hangover is very far from a good start.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Define "we" and "group".

Meet on the 2nd tues of every month so all our concerns get written down on the Ketter etch-a-sketch?
10 point,

In the above statement

group= a number of individuals assembled together.

we= I and the rest of the group that includes me.

Is there one?

Sincerely,
I

M

Mike hunt

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The first sentence of the preliminary introduction to Article 18 in the National Master United Parcel Service Agreement exlpains that UPS and the IBT are in agreement that the safety of the employees and the general public is of the utmost importance.

In what ways do you see your Union Officials and Local Management Team living out this statement?

Integrity would think that if it was agreed between a company and a union that the safety of the employees and the general public was an issue of most extreme or of greatest importance then there would be clear evidence of this in the local workplace.

What evidence do you see of this agreement between UPS and the IBT?

How do you think this can become more of reality in the workplace?

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Sincerely,
I
If we would all work safe there wouldn't be any safety issues. The safety committee is there to cut liability for the company and the union. Don't read to much into it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Safety Man is on a roll! You getting paid for this stuff?
Operational needs,

It is Integrity, not Safety Man.

I haven't heard from Safety Man in awhile.

Coming to a discussion thread is not a paying job for me.

You?

Super heroes are generally not paid for their super hero work.

We usually do it as a calling.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
If we would all work safe there wouldn't be any safety issues. The safety committee is there to cut liability for the company and the union. Don't read to much into it.
Buster Good,

I disagree.

What evidence do you have to make the statement that the safety committee is there to cut liability for the company and the union?

This is a common error in thinking, that is unless you can provide evidence?

Sincerely,
I

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Ultimately safety on road is up to the driver......the over performers are always the ones to cut corners and forget safety and ups pretends they don't see it until something happens,the union doesn't want to instruct the employee and the driver never believes that when something happens (accident or injury) ups will give the warning letter,suspension,or discharge....but that's just my opinion

Integrity

Binge Poster
I can't stand Integrity's droning BS....but everyone getting home safety to their spouse and kids everyday is a good day!
bleedinbrown58,

I know you have no use for Integrity in your life but there is a simple fact of life.

Statistics say;

Everyone doesn't get home safely to their spouse and kids everyday.

So not everyday is a good day for everyone.

Sincerely,
I