Let's Get the New Year Started Right "On Topic" Safety is the greatest most extreme issue.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
THE OFFICIAL UPS SAFETY GUIDELINES

PEAK SEASON---
Don't get hurt. Don't have an accident.

NON-PEAK SEASON---
Don't show up on the telematics report. Don't get hurt. Don't have an accident.

10 point

Ketter, osha, ups environmental, city or county egress lighting, fire extinguisher and walk path clearance audits and ALL government agencies shall have a safety committee member __(@ least one)_accompany them.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ketter, osha, ups environmental, city or county egress lighting, fire extinguisher and walk path clearance audits and ALL government agencies shall have a safety committee member __(@ least one)_accompany them.
10 point,

Is this your wording to clarify the contract or can it be found on a document?

Sincerely,
I

10 point

10 point,

Is this your wording to clarify the contract or can it be found on a document?

Sincerely,
I
It's a breakdown of known agencies to date.

The city/county one is random and hard to schedule because the company has no control over it's timing. It's done yearly (1 time) and redundant of the facility audit check points.

The internal EPA audit is one you should not miss. Ever.

10 point

THE OFFICIAL UPS SAFETY GUIDELINES

PEAK SEASON---
Don't get hurt. Don't have an accident.

NON-PEAK SEASON---
Don't show up on the telematics report. Don't get hurt. Don't have an accident.
The most unsafe I've ever felt is when the on car supe has to drive for twenty minutes at the end of your day.

What is proven by this? That my heart rate can exceed 200 beats per minute after medical science says it's impossible.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So,...your back muscles must be ripped to carry around those wings?
26800.jpg

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

In the Preamble of Article 18 of the Master states that UPS and the IBT have developed a National UPS/IBT Safety and Health Committee.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Does anyone know how this Committee can be contacted?

Does anyone know who in the IBT is in this Committee?

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Sincerely,
I

10 point

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

In the Preamble of Article 18 of the Master states that UPS and the IBT have developed a National UPS/IBT Safety and Health Committee.

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Sincerely,
I
Finding enough people to truly care is the biggest challenge.

We're instructed to use designated walk paths in the yard but we have no lined, designated walk paths in our yard/lot and it's been on the list to be done since midsummer.

I wonder why there's apathy in the hourly ranks?
Go figure.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Who do you think negotiates the language ?

Who do you think hears the grievances, at the National Panel ?

Filing a grievance.... would be a start.

Are you a dues paying member ? What Local ?

Or, you could contact the IBT and refer them to some of your posts here.

I'm sure they'll call.

Of course.

So would your Local Union Officials.

-Bug-

Integrity

Binge Poster
Who do you think negotiates the language ?

Are you a dues paying member ? What Local ?

Or, you could contact the IBT and refer them to some of your posts here.

I'm sure they'll call.

Of course.

So would your Local Union Officials.

-Bug-
Big Union Guy,

Who do you think negotiates the language ? Not sure.

Are you a dues paying member ? What Local ? Yes, Rather not say.

Or, you could contact the IBT and refer them to some of your posts here. Not interested.

I'm sure they'll call. Maybe, maybe not.

Of course. Very helpful.

So would your Local Union Officials. Thank You.

Sincerely,
I

By The Book

By The Book,

Does the Local Union approve the bargaining unit members who serve on the Committee?

Are there ever more management employees than there are bargaining unit members at a committee meeting?

Are individual bargaining unit members mentioned when discussing accident and injury reports?

Is the term "alleged injury" every used when discussing an injury report?

Has your committee ever created a sub-committee to investigate specific issues of safety and health concerns?

Who does the minutes? Hourly or management?

Does your committee have bargaining unit members accompany Keter during the facility inspection tours and interviews?

Is your committee properly trained with company sponsored training? Co-chair trained with company sponsored training?

Does your committee file Article 18 Grievances with unresolved concerns?

Sincerely,
I
1...no,2...no,3...yes,4...no,5...yes,6...safety cochair,7...not sure,8...they have went with center manager to meetings,9...no

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Sincerely,
I
I, In all of the issues you have raised (albeit, some good ones) why have you you not taken the initiative and brought forth these issues to a governing party yourself instead of bringing them up to an internet forum? I read your posts and have to admit that there are some instances where you do bring up good topics for discussion however, in doing so on an anonymous forum you are not solving anything unless of course it is simply to get a heated debate started.

Does the thrill of the argument arouse you or are you afraid of being labeled as a snitch / whistle blower if you were to come forward with all of your insight. Are you fearful that whatever job you do at UPS would become compromised with your observations of wrongdoing? And lastly, have ANY of your purported or actual violations been addressed and or rectified with a satisfactory conclusion?

Sincerely,
Scooby