Let's Play The ... How Many PERKS Have Gone Away Game!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A little FYI for you topped out couriers..... If you step down to a lower position, say CSA, and do that for over two years, and decide to go back to being a courier, FedEx will screw you. If you are out of position for over two years you will NOT go back to top pay when you go back to courier. Matters not how long you were a courier previously, or how long you were topped out before. I found that out the hard way. Over 25 years at FedEx and NOT topped out. Thank you FedEx.

Yep...more games. All designed to screw you out of more money. It isn't like you forgot what you were doing in your previous position.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are both correct.

Reviews back "in the day" made all the difference in the world as far as pay was concerned. I got 6.5, 6.7 back when it mattered. My last review under the old system was the unheard of 7.0.

I got lucky and had just topped out when IPP or Pro Pay went away and then we got some serious step raises.

I know of couriers here with 17+ years who are not topped out because of lower review scores and it will be hard for them to catch up to us.

A couple of questions for you:

What is starting wage at your station for a new-hire that will probably never see FT.

How much is a 2100sf house out there in God's country?

Sniper

Starting pay is $14.46 for couriers.

Your second question varies a lot. It's all about location. I am guessing 165-175k for a nice house with that square footage. Or you could go out in the country have some land and a smaller home for the same amount.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Starting pay is $14.46 for couriers.

Your second question varies a lot. It's all about location. I am guessing 165-175k for a nice house with that square footage. Or you could go out in the country have some land and a smaller home for the same amount.

Got it. In some areas of the country, that same house would cost $400-$500k.

Sniper

I completely understand housing prices vary across the country. That's why I made the statement it would take a "lot" for me to move. I leave the keys in my car in my driveway and the house unlocked all day while we are gone. I am truly blessed with the ability to live here and make a good living, better than most, and still enjoy what I do every day.

One thing FedEx has that UPS doesn't have (I think...) is the ability to transfer latterly from station to station. For people who don't mind moving this is a good opportunity to keep the same job with the same company.

For me personally I have 3 house payments so that housing might as well cost me 400k. That was my decision. Life isn't about "needs" most of the time but about "wants".

One question for you, what is top out at your location?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
They are in the same boat we are right now....just trying to hang on and wait for better days.
I'm afraid this is exactly the notion that most Express employees have - that we've just hit a long rough patch, and if we just "hang on" and continue to trudge on delivering the ol' Purple Promise and Golden Package, that one day the sun is going to break through the clouds again and the good days will return, and Fred is going to make it all up to us for persevering through the austere times. Yes, there are a ton of employees still out there with purple smoke funneling up their rectums.

It's well past time people in this wretched outfit wake up and realize - just tain't going to happen, folks'. There will be no better days ahead for the hourly employees of FedEx Express.....never. I don't consider this a pessimistic attitude, but rather a realistic attitude. And it's going to get nothing but worse.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I completely understand housing prices vary across the country. That's why I made the statement it would take a "lot" for me to move. I leave the keys in my car in my driveway and the house unlocked all day while we are gone. I am truly blessed with the ability to live here and make a good living, better than most, and still enjoy what I do every day.

One thing FedEx has that UPS doesn't have (I think...) is the ability to transfer latterly from station to station. For people who don't mind moving this is a good opportunity to keep the same job with the same company.

For me personally I have 3 house payments so that housing might as well cost me 400k. That was my decision. Life isn't about "needs" most of the time but about "wants".

One question for you, what is top out at your location?

Sorry, but I remain anonymous. You're seeming a bit too "happy" with FedEx and a lot of what you're saying is exactly the way the company wants us to think. Not buying it here.

Sniper

I am not too "happy" tonight. Long day 11:18 minutes, 1 late pup, 5 late pkgs. I don't normally work on mondays and I see why now. But tomorrow is a new day and the sun will come up.

hypo hanna

I think its a misnomer to say these are "perks" that have been taken away. Most of these things are promised parts of our overall compensation package. A perk is something extra and unexpected.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think its a misnomer to say these are "perks" that have been taken away. Most of these things are promised parts of our overall compensation package. A perk is something extra and unexpected.

Great point. These are benefits that were stolen from us to pad the bottom line and cover for management incompetence and Fred's greed for more. Please remember that most of these thefts occurred during boom times for the Express opco. In other words, the rationale for taking them away had nothing to do with the survival of the company. Pure greed.