Let's spend $96.00 an hour to solve a $9.50 an hour problem!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I will never ever understand the company's attitude towards the Preload. My building's preload is started as late as possible,and of course the last hour before driver start time is insane as the preload supes scream at the preloaders to get it wrapped up before driver start time,and they are hounded to get the packages on the trucks as quickly as possible .The result is fairly predictable: LOTS of misloads. (My preloader gained seniority last week,regardless of having at least 5-10 misloads spread over 4 cars every day since he started)
I worked 11.5 hours yesterday and today ,as the time running misloads was about 2 hours each day total.As today was my third day over nine five i'm figuring at $96.00 an hour the misloads for the past 2 days cost the company around $384.........................and this makes sense HOW?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I understand someone is looking at a report that makes him smile when he sees the Preload met its goal of being wrapped by 810,but that SAME person HAS to see the excessive OT reports ,and the total cash paid out.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They are supposed to hand out about $7-9K in over 9.5 grievances in my Center next Tuesday, I'm getting a check! Local 728 has been active out in the parking lot several times this week working on drivers to file, the company isn't too happy about it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They are supposed to hand out about $7-9K in over 9.5 grievances in my Center next Tuesday, I'm getting a check! Local 728 has been active out in the parking lot several times this week working on drivers to file, the company isn't too happy about it.
our center will be paid out over $10,000 in the next week or . One driver got almost $3,000 alone!
Now if i can just keep my wife from finding out about my OT check!

Buck Fifty

It's the same here. Look on the bright side though. Under the new contract it will be 96.00 an hour to solve a 10.00 an hour problem. Right ?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I wish my local would do the same. Where are you at 509?

Overpaid Union Thug

It's not that high herer. Not only because it's a small center but also because two thirds of the drivers are gutless or greedy. The irony is that most of us on the 9.5 list here are honestly on it with the hope (slim) of getting our hours reduced but we are making more money than the greedy drivers.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Don't forget about all the supervisor working grievances. Some are going to panel but the majority are open and shut.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We have a backlog of drivers getting their penalty pay, so our Local is pushing to get everybody caught up. Our president told me after work tonight that the new contract will hopefully get the process smoothed out some.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Don't worry about it, its none of your business. Just come to work everyday and collect your paycheck, let the fools and upper management and corporate and LP have their sword fight, don't get into the middle of it. They can yell at me all they want, but is it going to make me go faster? No. Make a habit of this attitude. When I was a kid, I used to use this same attitude against my teacherw hen they were trying to bs me around, they always would gossip about me and called me a problem child, but I could have given two *****.

Overpaid Union Thug

We have a backlog of drivers getting their penalty pay, so our Local is pushing to get everybody caught up. Our president told me after work tonight that the new contract will hopefully get the process smoothed out some.

I think ours are always settled once a month. Makes a fat check though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
our center will be paid out over $10,000 in the next week or . One driver got almost $3,000 alone!
Now if i can just keep my wife from finding out about my OT check!

No direct deposit. Cash the check.

Can't wait to file for my triple time after the contract is ratified.