Let's spend $96.00 an hour to solve a $9.50 an hour problem!

didyousheetit

exactly how does the 9.5 work? is it a supplement issue or national language? Reason I ask is in 710 we file the first time to provide notice then any 9.5 grievance after is paid at triple time and they do make a real effort to reduce it. We only have one driver who isn't on the list.

didyousheetit

I understand someone is looking at a report that makes him smile when he sees the Preload met its goal of being wrapped by 810,but that SAME person HAS to see the excessive OT reports ,and the total cash paid out.
you would think that. However, after listening to one of the guys they brought in for ORION I just think no one thinks any more. ORION guy says just reduce miles that is what the program is all about but when you ask them about backing in driveways, because it's the only way you can get there from here. He says I'm not concerned about backing I'm only concerned about reducing miles. Then ask center manager about backing he says don't back go around block. no one knows what you are supposed to do. They just read reports and make sure they are not on one of them.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
exactly how does the 9.5 work? is it a supplement issue or national language? Reason I ask is in 710 we file the first time to provide notice then any 9.5 grievance after is paid at triple time and they do make a real effort to reduce it. We only have one driver who isn't on the list.
The way Triple Time works in my local is that after a week of working over 9.5 hours in a week the Driver fills out a form requesting OT be reduced for a period of 6 months.. The driver and steward present it to the center manager,and quite often the center manager will try and imply harassment as well as imply that punishment for the smallest infractions will follow,

After getting on the list the driver files a grievance if he/she goes over 9.5 three times in a week. Until recently(due to the HUGE influx of grievances) The Labour Manager and the BA get together once a month and the Labour Manager will authourize the payment of $48.46 for all of the total hours of the grievances. Now they meet about every 7 weeks . It takes a bit longer to get he cash but Boy o Boy is it worth it!!

Overpaid Union Thug

View attachment 9722

Local 728 in action, they had our president and just about every Business Agent in out parking lot twice this week trying to get drivers to file for Over 9.5. That's my BA on the right, the table is full of grievance forms and 8.5 hour requests. He had a spread sheet with our grievance hours on it and was able to tell us how big of a check to expect..........

I wish our local would do this at my center. Kind of hard to do though when they only make one or two appearances at our center per year. The 8 hour requests are being ignored here just like the over 9.5s. I don't want 8 hour days so I won't ask for one unless its really necessary.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It amazed me that I had to explain what an 8 hr request was to someone who had 10 years on me.

Here we do not file for penalty pay on 8 he requests. We simply come back to the building at 8 hours and what's left on the truck is their problem.

I know a few 25+ year guys who never get their 8 hour request because management knows there's no way they will bring stuff back.

I'm like its real simple guys. Bring back 2 hours of work that is 40 minutes from the center and ill bet u only have to do that 2-3 times before they fix your 8 hour request loads.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I wish our local would do this at my center. Kind of hard to do though when they only make one or two appearances at our center per year. The 8 hour requests are being ignored here just like the over 9.5s. I don't want 8 hour days so I won't ask for one unless its really necessary.

We get 3 8 hour request per month. I take them all. Helps even out the 11 hour days. Lol

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I put in for mine on Wednesday's. This is our heaviest day of the week and there is no way to honour them so i get 2 hours straight time penalty pay