Let's Talk More About Lasership

P

prodriver

If it's on his manifest he will be there, he said that, even if it's remote 1 package and not profitable, he didn't say that because he can't make that decision. No set time to come in? Correct, but, if you are ground and have a 10 am pick up can you come in at 10:30? If you are HD, can you leave terminal after 2 hrs. (avg. time give or take to load truck) even though second linehaul truck is running late and not there yet? Can you close out and get your manifest? As I keep saying, it's about control, contractors in every other have more control. How many have an 80 page agreement? Yearly unilateral addendums? Best Fed Ex defense I heard in a hearing I sat in on was that "contractor" could buy fuel wherever they wanted. Now that's freedom! Even that was proven wrong, since price point was set within mile of terminal (usually not best of neighborhoods, i.e. lower price point), yet, some "contractors" could not drive to first stop and return to terminal (too many miles) to get that price point, so in fact had to buy fuel at higher rates. But, not fill up so they could get best price near terminal, in essence had to fuel up 3 times per shift instead of twice, so whose time is used? As long as you like the Kool Aid, your ok. Watch out when they change it to anti-freeze, you won't like the taste.

You are asking questions any contractor would know 10:30 pu, as far as leaving no contractor can do his job without his tools. If the best a lawyer could come up with is fuel, REALLY our fuel supplement is something most contractors don't get, you boys didn't have much of a case. If you couldn't figure out some of these things in your post after contracting I'll tell you like I did in a previous post you should have been a driver only, contracting just isn't for you.

M I Indy

Isn't undercutting the market to take business away from a competitor just a prime example of capitalism?

Is your "customer" circumventing Federal employment laws using "tools" like you to take business away? Is that capitalism or criminal? To be determined, I believe. How much "control" do YOU have in determining the undercutting? What do YOU do that is "uniquely" different than Express couriers?

M I Indy

If you contracted you should know the answer about social security etc..In my snow globe world each contractors destiny is held in their own hands. Best of luck on job searches

I know, I know Fed Ex keeps tweaking it, why not just do it right from the start? Just because you can, doesn't mean it's right. Different folks do it differently in Fed Ex scam, guess if you're not cheating, your only cheating yourself. That mindset has us where we are today. Job search, haven't done that since Fed Ex gave me control of my destiny, I now help others pursue their dreams as an investor in their ventures. Please, don't be bitter, just be better. Get back on topic, focus on your situation, I took care of mine. Address MFE about being an employee and what makes you "uniquely" different from an Express courier, and not a de facto manager.

M I Indy

You are asking questions any contractor would know 10:30 pu, as far as leaving no contractor can do his job without his tools. If the best a lawyer could come up with is fuel, REALLY our fuel supplement is something most contractors don't get, you boys didn't have much of a case. If you couldn't figure out some of these things in your post after contracting I'll tell you like I did in a previous post you should have been a driver only, contracting just isn't for you.

Ah, you hear but you don't listen, why aren't you answering the questions? No contractor can do his job without their tools? I'll answer, when do you make the "business" decision that you have enough tools for the day rather than sit there and pay for time wasted waiting for something that may not show up, you don't, because you can't. Do you pay your employees for wait time, if not shouldn't you? If you had to, you might think differently, maybe even independently. As for the lawyer, that was your "customers" best and pretty much only defense, I agree not much of a case. As for contracting, I do it all the time, except I do it on mutually agreed terms, not the take it or leave it terms you are under. When did you "negotiate" terms of any unilateral addendum's your "customer" placed on you. It's a scam, and that is your legacy you are forging, good luck with that, now please return to topic rather than bash news you don't like to hear, be productive, not destructive. I have no stake in this game, just trying to start positive dialogue and raise questions, that you don't like to answer, so that it can be better for all Fred's employees.

P

prodriver

Is your "customer" circumventing Federal employment laws using "tools" like you to take business away? Is that capitalism or criminal? To be determined, I believe. How much "control" do YOU have in determining the undercutting? What do YOU do that is "uniquely" different than Express couriers?

Can an express employee renegotiate his contract/pay? Capitalism or criminal hmmm...check with the Walton's(of wal mart not TV version). Yes to be determined ground is still going strong.

P

prodriver

Ah, you hear but you don't listen, why aren't you answering the questions? No contractor can do his job without their tools? I'll answer, when do you make the "business" decision that you have enough tools for the day rather than sit there and pay for time wasted waiting for something that may not show up, you don't, because you can't. Do you pay your employees for wait time, if not shouldn't you? If you had to, you might think differently, maybe even independently. As for the lawyer, that was your "customers" best and pretty much only defense, I agree not much of a case. As for contracting, I do it all the time, except I do it on mutually agreed terms, not the take it or leave it terms you are under. When did you "negotiate" terms of any unilateral addendum's your "customer" placed on you. It's a scam, and that is your legacy you are forging, good luck with that, now please return to topic rather than bash news you don't like to hear, be productive, not destructive. I have no stake in this game, just trying to start positive dialogue and raise questions, that you don't like to answer, so that it can be better for all Fred's employees.

What's to answer, questions you should know? My employees have been with me for years so I'm sure I would know better than you about the way they feel about their job, there is not a FedEx manager in building that will discuss any business with them that is my choice everything goes through me or my manager, was it that way when you contracted? As far as leaving as long as its reasonable we wait, shippers know what's delivered on time that helps take care of bus and customers, if its gonna be to late we leave. See you got a response but like you I didn't say much

P

prodriver

Doesn't "say" anything on your settlement, you have to "read" it. Or in your case, have someone read it to you. All part of the "vague" and "control" your "customer" has on you.

Just because it wasn't for you doesn't mean you have to hate on the model, everyone can't be a contractor for fedex

P

prodriver

Doesn't "say" anything on your settlement, you have to "read" it. Or in your case, have someone read it to you. All part of the "vague" and "control" your "customer" has on you.

Read it well enough to still be doing it today, sorry you wasn't capable.

M I Indy

What's to answer, questions you should know? My employees have been with me for years so I'm sure I would know better than you about the way they feel about their job, there is not a FedEx manager in building that will discuss any business with them that is my choice everything goes through me or my manager, was it that way when you contracted? As far as leaving as long as its reasonable we wait, shippers know what's delivered on time that helps take care of bus and customers, if its gonna be to late we leave. See you got a response but like you I didn't say much

Thank you, progress....you said customers, who might they be? You agreement only has one customer. Who determines reasonable? Who is giving you the time it will take for it to show up? Do you talk directly to the person that is late?

M I Indy

Read it well enough to still be doing it today, sorry you wasn't capable.

Wish I could play more, I gotta go to lunch with some associates/clients. When was the last time you had lunch with your "business partner"? Other than a weak BBQ, and you picked up the tab, because that"s how it works in a independent relationship. So you keep ragin' against the screen, stuck in your rut, I'm off to empower people that want to make a difference, not just a buck as a jobber. Yeah, your right I'm bitter......so bitter. LOL! You might want to take a grammar course with all that wealth your customer bestows upon you. I'll cutting a nice piece of fish for lunch, hope you enjoy cutting your mustard.....LOL.

STFXG

Wish I could play more, I gotta go to lunch with some associates/clients. When was the last time you had lunch with your "business partner"? Other than a weak BBQ, and you picked up the tab, because that"s how it works in a independent relationship. So you keep ragin' against the screen, stuck in your rut, I'm off to empower people that want to make a difference, not just a buck as a jobber. Yeah, your right I'm bitter......so bitter. LOL! You might want to take a grammar course with all that wealth your customer bestows upon you. I'll cutting a nice piece of fish for lunch, hope you enjoy cutting your mustard.....LOL.
A grammar course? Coming from the people that doesn't know the difference between your and you're. Hilarious.

There are so many problems with that post.

Sent using BrownCafe App

P

prodriver

Thank you, progress....you said customers, who might they be? You agreement only has one customer. Who determines reasonable? Who is giving you the time it will take for it to show up? Do you talk directly to the person that is late?

The more you post the less you make sense.