Letter box pick up time

bumped

All you have to do is write down the barcode number that you would normAlly scan. Them manually put the numbers in anytime after the box time. Happens all the time on snow days in my area when we get called in early.

I highly suggest that people don't take this advice. You will be fired.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
All you have to do is write down the barcode number that you would normAlly scan. Them manually put the numbers in anytime after the box time. Happens all the time on snow days in my area when we get called in early.
Why give yourself a pay cut? Sit in your truck posting to Facebook for an hour on their time.If questioned claim "integrity issues" and remind them "I can report unethical behavior to the 800 number". Nothing like easy overtime.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why give yourself a pay cut? Sit in your truck posting to Facebook for an hour on their time.If questioned claim "integrity issues" and remind them "I can report unethical behavior to the 800 number". Nothing like easy overtime.

That is normally not an option on "snow days". A curfew is given and followed up with discipline for those who do not comply.

AKCoverMan

Doesn't matter open or not only matters when you stop complete pickup or delivery that is the only time that board sends that's information.
I think that is how it's designed to work, however I have been tagged twice for "recording in travel" and both were times I had failed to stop complete before moving, and closing it while the car was off at the next stop.

One was an SDN delivery and I was still stuck on "1=RES 2=COM" prompt. The other was a daily pickup with zero pieces and my fingers closed the stop out with muscle memory but it had one of those new "A PSB Barcode Scan is Required. Scan PSB? Y/N" prompts. Both times I closed the stop at the next sop, and sent ODS msg to document why stop shows bad location.

I was told that it is a known issue to get false "record in travel" hits when this sort of thing happens.

Just like many of the supposed back first exceptions really aren't.

UPSGUY72

I think that is how it's designed to work, however I have been tagged twice for "recording in travel" and both were times I had failed to stop complete before moving, and closing it while the car was off at the next stop.

One was an SDN delivery and I was still stuck on "1=RES 2=COM" prompt. The other was a daily pickup with zero pieces and my fingers closed the stop out with muscle memory but it had one of those new "A PSB Barcode Scan is Required. Scan PSB? Y/N" prompts. Both times I closed the stop at the next sop, and sent ODS msg to document why stop shows bad location.

I was told that it is a known issue to get false "record in travel" hits when this sort of thing happens.

Just like many of the supposed back first exceptions really aren't.

At times there are glitches that pop up with GPS and the DIAD they happen here and there and not all the time for the same thing. However Upstate is under the impression that it's a letter box thing when it's not. It's a glitch that could happen at any time and or place for no reason. Just like the back first exceptions you speak of, GPS location not working, them tell me I back up at 50 MPH, Etc. This is why I just do my job like I have always have. I have enough crap to worry about each day without worrying about whether or not they are going to make their numbers.