Letter boxes

Bigbass3

Ok I need some input from others. I have a bid job on letter boxes , and pick up about 5 customer stops. I have been doing this jobs for almost 2 years now. But the past 15 plus years in our center they have been paying driver pay to do this and all the sudden they do not want to anymore cause of labor management and if I press the issue they will do away with the route and give to a junior driver. So should you get driver pay still if your picking up a lot of grounds or not ?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ok I need some input from others. I have a bid job on letter boxes , and pick up about 5 customer stops. I have been doing this jobs for almost 2 years now. But the past 15 plus years in our center they have been paying driver pay to do this and all the sudden they do not want to anymore cause of labor management and if I press the issue they will do away with the route and give to a junior driver. So should you get driver pay still if your picking up a lot of grounds or not ?

Sent using BrownCafe App
How much are they paying you?

Bigbass3

They are paying me what use to be driver pay for picking up drop boxes plus the customer pick ups. Anywhere between 25 to 200 a night

Sent using BrownCafe App

ViewAskew

Here, it is ground pay for any ground packages picked up. Company has tried on occasion to argue that ground picked up from letter boxes are excluded. Issue has been grieved and found in favor of the ground pay.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bigbass3

Thanks for the replys. The Big Issue Is That Now IN Our Center IN Kentucky Has No Union Stewards They All Quit LA St Peak season. Or union representing most of the times sides with the management side. So now especially our new center manager tries to run things like the centers in Indiana when we are in a differant local and contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Thanks for the replys. The Big Issue Is That Now IN Our Center IN Kentucky Has No Union Stewards They All Quit LA St Peak season. Or union representing most of the times sides with the management side. So now especially our new center manager tries to run things like the centers in Indiana when we are in a differant local and contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Good luck,to you!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would have to agree with the company on paying the lower wage if you are just doing drop boxes, irregardless of whether there are ground packages or not.

Resident know-it-all.

Ron Carey lives on

Be very careful how you word that grievance. You definitely can win, but you could lose your run. If there is that many grounds on the run it could very easily be incorporated into package or feeder. After all all the contract is trying to create full time jobs, not 3.5 hour cush jobs

Sent using BrownCafe App

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Around here if an air driver delivers or picks up a single ground package, they get top driver rate for the entire time they worked. The reason for this (Dave) is to keep the company from using the air drivers all the time for things they should not be used for therefore eliminating full time jobs!!