Letter boxes

Bigbass3

Well they have already threaten me on that point. I do have a bid on this job plus like I said it has been this way 15 plus years. It's clear ups can do what and when ever they want. I do not want to ruffle feathers at all, we all need to stand together but I do want to get what I deserve. If they keep hiring drivers at our center that is not driving all week already and to getting or trying to qualify plus they want to hire to more, well if they bump like they should on sort well during peak manage MN entry will be screwed because part timers would leave. So on thst point management would work. You full timers want that too. No you dont . All I want is for them to be fair about it and do what is right and when air drivers do this it's says we get paid driver pay.

Sent using BrownCafe App

cb1969

Then file on the junior driver and you both get paid. They cant give your bid route to a junior driver they can only give the ground work to a junior driver. Both the ground work and then giving it to a junior are contract violations. They threaten and bully to get you to do it for less so they can add to those record profits. Ask your BA if he will enforce it and if he will then file every time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Around here if an air driver delivers or picks up a single ground package, they get top driver rate for the entire time they worked. The reason for this (Dave) is to keep the company from using the air drivers all the time for things they should not be used for therefore eliminating full time jobs!!

20:1 says the kid files the grievance and UPS cuts the route permanently.

PT Car Washer

At one time all of our Art. 22.3 and PT air routes were eliminated. Both AM and PM. It can happen just can't cut the routes for retaliation purposes. Just for business purposes.

Ron Carey lives on

The drivers trying to qualify have the bigger grievance. If ground work is being done by a part- timer, and I was trying to get my 30 days in. I would file on every day you work. The top priority of the contract is to create fulltime jobs

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ups135

you can win the top driver rate for picking up ground at your business locations,in our center, ground in drop boxes are still considered air rate. As for your route, if they get rid of it, call out harassment, if they give it to a diver with less seniority grieve it based on 1. you have the bid, or 2. the fact that you have been doing the job for 2 years.

Remember to always keep notes, CYA, the company has notes on you (Pittsburgh File ), nothing is funnier than seeing their face at a panal hearing when you have detailed notes with dates and times.

Ron Carey lives on

What im getting at, are you happy with working part-time? Some panels may frown on a part-time employee seeking driver pay, that has turned down multiple fulltime bids

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Remember this Everything done on a package car can be reverted back to full time package car drivers. Isn't that what we struck for in 97, to create full time jobs? Pick your battles.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Anything can be bumped by full-time laid off. Sorts, sat airs, drops, CAREER FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES CANT PICK AND CHOOSE!!!!! IF YOU WANT MORE MONEY BID A FULL TIME JOB

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Not at all. But people are waiting for full-time jobs all over country. If you have a side job, lawn business, whatever, good for you, but learn the contract. The priority is to create full-time jobs, not shift work to part time. If you can't handle it, Wal-Mart is hiring greeters at the door.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

So you want full-time pay at your convenience, without bidding a full-time job, lol, good luck with that

Sent using BrownCafe App
A lot of us career PTers make top driver pay when we want it. Pick and choose what day you want to work or take off early. It is all in the contract and all perfectly legal. It is called seniority. Why don't you go get some.

PT Car Washer

Yeah but they have no say so until they qualify, plus my job is bidded.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Most jobs are bided. Does not mean they can not be eliminated or moved. I have seen FT package car drivers with 30 years seniority have their routes eliminated every Monday or more.

Bigbass3

I understand what you are saying. They should not have put the bid up if they do not want to honor it. I ha v e been there at ups for 20 years and the reason I did not go full time.is cause of my kids in school, my husband and I have differant schedules. Either way I just want what is right. Thanks for your input

Sent using BrownCafe App