Letter from hall to me. I will provide copy to anyone that wants one.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: Letter from Ken H to me. I will provide copy to anyone that wants one.

And on the flip side, UPS can at that point lock out Teamster employees for failure to bargain in good faith and hire replacement employees.

I think UPS could be looking forward to that scenario 10 years from now but I doubt if UPS is ready yet.

​If it gets to that point, it will be some dicey and interesting times.

And by the way, an OPINION by definition cannot be wrong.

You and I rarely agree on anything ( cause your always wrong) but on this matter we are in agreement. I still maintain that if we cannot reach an agreement, UPS will lock us out this time. Ive said so in my previous posts.

What we dont know, is what was agreed to in 2008 between the IBT and the UPS regarding this contract. I believe, there was a deal struck in 2008 to place our healthcare on the table and now the IBT cant go back on its word.

This isnt a good faith issue, cause the members are the true negotiators. Its our concerns that are suppose to be represented and "we" dont feel that they were.

We will never know what deal was struck behind the scenes.

We are not stuck with this deal if "we" stick together and fight this out.

Peace

TOS

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Dear Christ...is everything a conspiracy? I got the letter from the Teamsters. What threat was there? Is informing their people that they can't in good faith change the Master because it's already passed? What you see as a conspiracy I see as integrity. Seriously...hiding and strong arming...they have to work something out to tell you anything. And since TOS you're on the West Coast, you know for a fact that the West has till October to find benefits that are equal or superior to CS EC6. Why would you expect to hear something before peak? Plus if we vote down the supplements 3 more times, UPS will have the right to lock us out and hire replacement workers. Will it kill UPS? Probably not. They'll struggle for 4 or 5 years but most businesses that leave for FedEx wind up coming back and the system is so dumbed down it'll take about a week for the replacements to catch on and they'll save a solid billion paying the replacements around $20 an hour with no benefits. Waiting hurts no one. People have been living with their current wages for the last 6 months so I'm sure they can wait another 6 to get SOLID information. If this is a conspiracy I will humbly apologize and change my worldview to the negative end.

stink219

Your opinion is WRONG.
Lmao! This guy kills me! Not the bast statement for a wannabe politician. Shouldn't every statement start out with,"That's a great question" or "I understand your point" or "This is my plan"?
Just giving you a bit of help. Appeal to the masses. Kiss a lot of hands and shake a lot of babies.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lmao! This guy kills me! Not the best statement for a wannabe politician. Shouldn't every statement start out with,"That's a great question" or "I understand your point" or "This is my plan"?
Just giving you a bit of help. Appeal to the masses. Kiss a lot of hands and shake a lot of babies.

If my goal was to appease the idiots, i'd come see ....

Peace

TOS

RealPerson

I agree . We the 140000 didn't vote yes on the TA to be put in to the who knows what Teamcare . The other tesmsters that didn't get affected by healthcare changes prob. voted yes. Thanks for having our backs .It was a TA ,not a strike vote . So yes i will vote no on everything 2. Im really tired of this group of clowns running the show and these BS letters.

The "Others" are the ones who SHOULD of Voted NO also.

If 140,000 people are added to an insurance plan, PLUS the Union is getting the Largest Raise per hour per person every for health and pension, then should't the RATES be cheaper and the Current people in Central be getting better coverage???

I know if I went to an insurance company and asked to add 140, 000 people I would think I could negotiate a little better plan???

But No Worries,
Obama said Insurance will get Cheaper..

Skooney

You and I rarely agree on anything ( cause your always wrong) but on this matter we are in agreement. I still maintain that if we cannot reach an agreement, UPS will lock us out this time. Ive said so in my previous posts.

I can absolutely guarantee you a company that profited 4.5 billion dollars last year will not lock out 250,000 union employees. There is too much money at risk in UPS as a publicly traded company. Especially since the biggest issue in the contract is a done deal in the National Master, and the union agreed to an extension. Under this arrangement investors can still make their millions, and the company can still make it's billions. Good luck pushing that agenda.

kingOFchester

I can absolutely guarantee you a company that profited 4.5 billion dollars last year will not lock out 250,000 union employees.

I would not make such a guarantee. Nothing in life is guaranteed but death. We do not know the true financial state at big brown. The numbers do look good, but we do need to keep in mind companies use creative financing to raise their stock value. There is no guarantee that UPS doesn't see an inevitable profit road block on the horizon. Do I think this, no. But I have learned in life many slam dunks, or guarantees, or to big to fail statements are sometimes followed up with " didn't see that coming".

Lets say I sell Wingdings. I made a billion dollars last year peddling the Wingdings. Sounds good? However, the Wingdings cost me $24.00 to make, and I sell them for $25.00 making a dollar per Wingding. I sell a billion Wingdings a year. My wing supplier decides to up my cost of wings by a buck and my ding supplier ups my price by a buck as well. Unless I am able to pass that cost along, I would loose a billion the coming year.

Worse then that, my competitor, selling the same Wingdings is able to get the wings and dings at 40% less then me and sells them for $25.00. This competitor isn't as large as me, so his manufacturing cost is higher. He is only making a small profit even tho he pays 40% less for his wings and dings. As he gets more business, ramps up production, his manufacturing cost goes down, while still paying less for the product. At some point, once he has the same or greater production out put as me, he will be able to lower his price of Wingdings at a price lower then my cost to buy product and manufacture Wingdings, and eventually put me out of business.

Just something to think about.

Last edited:

alwaysoverallowed

I gotta letter to and he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I would not make such a guarantee. Nothing in life is guaranteed but death. We do not know the true financial state at big brown. The numbers do look good, but we do need to keep in mind companies use creative financing to raise their stock value. There is no guarantee that UPS doesn't see an inevitable profit road block on the horizon. Do I think this, no. But I have learned in life many slam dunks, or guarantees, or to big to fail statements are sometimes followed up with " didn't see that coming".

Lets say I sell Wingdings. I made a billion dollars last year peddling the Wingdings. Sounds good? However, the Wingdings cost me $24.00 to make, and I sell them for $25.00 making a dollar per Wingding. I sell a billion Wingdings a year. My wing supplier decides to up my cost of wings by a buck and my ding supplier ups my price by a buck as well. Unless I am able to pass that cost along, I would loose a billion the coming year.

Worse then that, my competitor, selling the same Wingdings is able to get the wings and dings at 40% less then me and sells them for $25.00. This competitor isn't as large as me, so his manufacturing cost is higher. He is only making a small profit even tho he pays 40% less for his wings and dings. As he gets more business, ramps up production, his manufacturing cost goes down, while still paying less for the product. At some point, once he has the same or greater production out put as me, he will be able to lower his price of Wingdings at a price lower then my cost to buy product and manufacture Wingdings, and eventually put me out of business.

Just something to think about.

​Good thing UPS and FedEx don't sell Wingdings because that sound just like their current situation.

542thruNthru

Cinderella, It's in the hole...

Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga

I'm seriously thinking about starting a movie quote trivia thread. But I'm sure its already been done and also there is always that guy that will google it every time.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I too received the letter from K.Hall today in the mail. After reading it, it was clear, he is telling us to go pound sand. I would have posted the letter, but I dont know if that violates any TOS rules..( maybe the mods can clarify that for me) so I will touch on a couple of points.

First of all, take a look at paragraph 5. Read it carefully, it applies to the WEST/Southwest, so if you are a member of the SW, read this carefully.

"in addition, as part of the national agreement that was approved, the western area locals and local 177 were given the opportunity to come up with their own health insurance plan for their members by November 1, 2013. THE PLAN MUST OFFER BENEFITS THAT ARE EQUAL TO WHAT TEAMCARE ARE OFFERING FOR THE SAME CONTRIBUTION RATE THAT THE COMPANY IS PAYING TEAMCARE. Local leaders in the west and local 177 are currently working to come up with such a plan, but nothing has been finalized yet, therefore, we are not in a position to share any details with the members."

Despite claims from LagunaBrown that somehow, the "carve out" was going to be "great" for the members of the west, read what it says in RED once again, and ask yourself what does it mean?

In order to put this into a financial perspective that "we" can all understand, I need to ask a favor of ANYONE who is currently in the C6 teamcare plan.

If you will look at your W2 for this years taxes, tell me what number is in BOX 12a DD.

The total in my box 12aDD is $18,994.92

This number represents the amount of money that is allocated by UPS for my current health care package yearly. To understand the comparison between the two plans, we need to establish what the allocation is for someone in the central states plan.

Any help on this would be appreciated to further this discussion. Once we establish the difference between the contribution rates, we in the west will be able to understand just how far our coverage is being reduced. I am sure we will see a significant difference in this allocation rate.

Now, in RED, it states ( in K Halls own words) that the "carve out" will have to MATCH the current C6 plan benefit level for the same money that UPS contributes to the teamcare fund per capita. In other words, the WEST/Southwest cannot spend MORE than the C6 recieves from UPS for the C6 plan.

Now, if UPS is contributing $18,994.92 towards my current insurance, and begining in January 1, 2014, the teamsters will only be able to get me a plan for the contribution rate of the C6, how can anyone expect to get better or equal coverage for less money?

This is the one thing I cant get lagunaBrown to understand.

It isnt about getting a better plan, at this point, its only about who is going to administer the C6 benefit levels for us in the West.

That is why Andy said at the contract meeting that "in effect, you are voting for the C6 plan".

I hope that someone that is in the C6 currently post the amount in box 12a from their W2 to further this conversation.

peace

TOS

542thruNthru

Hey Lama! What about a little scratch for the effort? He says ^^^
Which means,"On your death bed, you will receive total consciousness!" So I got that going for me!!

^^^ This guy gets it!!

Come on, bark like a dog for me. Bark like a dog!

Bill Murray is the man! You know his only regret is doing the Garfield movie.... :funny:

stink219

Letter from Ken H to me. I will provide copy to anyone that wants one.

A true genius! I grew up on 70's and 80's movies. Start your thread!! I'm in!!

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I think there aught to have been two letters. One for right to work states and one for union states. That way those in right to work states wouldn't feel so bad seeing they don't financially support the union anyway and should be happy for what ever the boss man gives them.