Letter of Suspension Question

Keenj

Ok a new issue popped up. My girlfriend informed me that the HR manager called her yesterday (she used to be a preloader and a helper during the holidays and they still talk sometimes since she wants a more permanent position with the company) asking if she comes and visits me while I'm working or rides along with me which she doesn't. She brought me lunch one time in the recent past but has never met me when I was on the clock and certainly wasn't riding in my car except when she was my helper.

Now she's suspicious of me thinking I have side action going on although I can attest that I am not. I've never had a passenger ride with me except supervisors and I don't have overly friendly chats with female customers outside my PC.

Is this an issue I need to bring up to my steward?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Ok a new issue popped up. My girlfriend informed me that the HR manager called her yesterday (she used to be a preloader and a helper during the holidays and they still talk sometimes since she wants a more permanent position with the company) asking if she comes and visits me while I'm working or rides along with me which she doesn't. She brought me lunch one time in the recent past but has never met me when I was on the clock and certainly wasn't riding in my car except when she was my helper.

Now she's suspicious of me thinking I have side action going on although I can attest that I am not. I've never had a passenger ride with me except supervisors and I don't have overly friendly chats with female customers outside my PC.

Why is your former holiday helper gf talking to an HR manager? Either they call her to say a permanent position opened up or they don't call. I'm sure there is more to your story.
Secondly....did it occur to you that perhaps your gf is making the phone call story up because she suspects you are two timing her? Chicks are crazy like that....

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Is this the truth, the whole truth , and nothing but the truth? doesn't sound right. did you lose your temper? have you had issues with this stupervisor in the past?

you were smart to have a stew present. write down everything right after it happens with date and TIME. and then file right away. the stew should have made notes too. sounds like a no brainer unless you left out some pertinent info. maybe the supe is CHA. ask him about that and ask him how exactly you are supposed to handle this situation if it happens again. how about asking other drivers at your hub how they handle that?

Keenj

Why is your former holiday helper gf talking to an HR manager? Either they call her to say a permanent position opened up or they don't call. I'm sure there is more to your story.
Secondly....did it occur to you that perhaps your gf is making the phone call story up because she suspects you are two timing her? Chicks are crazy like that....

That's all there is to my part of the story. And since her phone is on my plan, I saw that a phone call between them occurred yesterday and she's not the type to make up something like that up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That's all there is to my part of the story. And since her phone is on my plan, I saw that a phone call between them occurred yesterday and she's not the type to make up something like that up.

Her phone being on your plan does not mean that her calls show up in your Caller ID. You would have to go online to see what calls she made/received.

BUCN85

I pushed 2 instead of 1 on a signature required resi NDA saver after commit time, realized immediately I messed up, voided, rescanned, pushed 1 as per sup's instructions.
I've done that a bunch of times. And told them I did. No biggie?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Her phone being on your plan does not mean that her calls show up in your Caller ID. You would have to go online to see what calls she made/received.
Correct me if I'm wrong....but in my building...and another building that I know of...if a manager calls you from a UPS building landline phone...the exact number doesn't show up on your called ID. Example, HR calls someone regarding a job...called ID number shows up as (555) 222-4300 when the actual HR # is (555) 222-1234...so the person receiving the call cannot call the office back using the number that appeared on their phone. So how would the OP know, even if he checked his bill online, WHO at UPS actually called his gf?

Future

Victory Ride
Correct me if I'm wrong....but in my building...and another building that I know of...if a manager calls you from a UPS building landline phone...the exact number doesn't show up on your called ID. Example, HR calls someone regarding a job...called ID number shows up as (555) 222-4300 when the actual HR # is (555) 222-1234...so the person receiving the call cannot call the office back using the number that appeared on their phone. So how would the OP know, even if he checked his bill online, WHO at UPS actually called his gf?
My center number shows up on my phone

oldngray

nowhere special
My center number shows up on my phone

Small center? My building (and a couple of others I also worked out of) had a block of numbers and incoming calls all went to one main number then got routed to the individual extension. You could call the extension directly but if they called you that number wouldn't be what showed on caller IDs.

Future

Victory Ride
Small center? My building (and a couple of others I also worked out of) had a block of numbers and incoming calls all went to one main number then got routed to the individual extension. You could call the extension directly but if they called you that number wouldn't be what showed on caller IDs.
I would say kinda large ....no idea it always came up on my phone..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yup...exactly.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Sounds like they are trying to get you for stealing time , having unauthorized passengers in UPS vehicles. Exactly who did you tick off at UPS

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Seems like you got other problems besides a suspension. A hr manger called your g/friend on his personal cell phone to talk about you. I think you might want to get rid of the g/friend