Letterbox

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Feb 19, 2013.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Sitting at this letterbox everyday for 40 to 90 minutes is boring as hell. Who else would be home a lot earlier if you didn't have a letterbox?

2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Is this after your lunch period? Are you being paid for sitting there?

3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Some guy at my center started bragging about the same thing. They found him something to do in that spare time real quick.

4. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Get back to us if your check doesn't clear.

5. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Must have a BS dispatch if all you have left is to sit at a letterbox. Really wish a lot of the lamers here had to step into a "real" center. 14 air? 220 stops? 22 pickups? ZOMG!!

6. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Yeah, after taking a lunch and I'm on the clock. I'm not complaining or bragging--just would rather be hanging out with my 4 year old than doing nothing. I've offered a bunch of times to help drivers in my area but they always tell me the neighboring routes are light & don't need help.

7. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

It's a 140-150 stops on average. 143 today. 6-13 air stops per day. 60% commercial but not bad overall. Was just saying I am not a fan of sitting around doing nothing.

8. rod

rod retired and happy

Check back with us in a month or two after they have found out about your "free time".

9. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Get a good book and make that easy money my brother.i wish I had this problem.

10. feeder05

feeder05 Active Member

enjoy it now...that will not last for long...even though the allowance for a letter box is insane, 20 minutes to pick up, they will catch on eventually. Bring a good book.

11. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

You poor thing. How do you manage? ;-)

12. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

I have 22 boxes on mine. Start them at 18:30 and finish around 7:45. I'm lucky enough to have a couple neighbors that like to cover them once or twice per week. The long days suck but the checks are strong.

13. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

I used to kill waiting time by shoveling out snow covered boxes , if people could reach them , then maybe there would be something in them.