LGBTQ

tourists24

I don't think HB2 actually has anything to do with bathrooms. If you still do you're missing the point.
It does cover the bathroom part of the issue... and that is exactly what all the political fight is about now.... maybe not for you personally, but that's what all the argument is down here. I dont think we disagree that governments should have a leash, but this is not what the fight and fuss is all about. It most certainly is about bathrooms/showers. All you have to do is look at where all of it started and why, which is why I brought Charlotte into the scene. Its why all this started to begin with

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It does cover the bathroom part of the issue... and that is exactly what all the political fight is about now.... maybe not for you personally, but that's what all the argument is down here. I dont think we disagree that governments should have a leash, but this is not what the fight and fuss is all about. It most certainly is about bathrooms/showers. All you have to do is look at where all of it started and why, which is why I brought Charlotte into the scene. Its why all this started to begin with
Ok so you've made it clear where you stand on the bathroom issue, you think big government should get to decide for cities what anti-discrimination laws they can pass for their citizens... that's fine, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I can live with that because the courts will overturn it eventually anyways.

What I'm confused about is whether or not you support HB2. Because if you're capable of reading, you'd know it's not about the bathrooms, or they would have stopped with the bathroom issue. They went way past it, and legislated much more because they knew people would stop reading after they heard their children would be safe from the gays in the bathroom.

So do you or do you know support this bill in it's current form?

tourists24

Ok so you've made it clear where you stand on the bathroom issue, you think big government should get to decide for cities what anti-discrimination laws they can pass for their citizens... that's fine, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I can live with that because the courts will overturn it eventually anyways.

What I'm confused about is whether or not you support HB2. Because if you're capable of reading, you'd know it's not about the bathrooms, or they would have stopped with the bathroom issue. They went way past it, and legislated much more because they knew people would stop reading after they heard their children would be safe from the gays in the bathroom.

So do you or do you know support this bill in it's current form?
The bathroom/shower issues... absolutely. The employment guidelines I wish they would have left out but Constitutionally a states right to do. So if the only choice is yes or no... then yes if it stops Charlotte.

But I do agree with you that I think it will fall in court. There is a reason Charlotte passed their ordinance the way they did. They could have extended protections for trans people without removing the locker room/ bathroom exemptions. State leaders told Charlotte not to do it but they did anyway. It was on purpose to get a case to go to court for a favorable decision. No matter what happens in lower court, the 4th Circuit is more liberal now and will probably favor against Hb2

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
But I do agree with you that I think it will fall in court. There is a reason Charlotte passed their ordinance the way they did. They could have extended protections for trans people without removing the locker room/ bathroom exemptions. State leaders told Charlotte not to do it but they did anyway. It was on purpose to get a case to go to court for a favorable decision. No matter what happens in lower court, the 4th Circuit is more liberal now and will probably favor against Hb2
Maybe the democrats were stupid enough to believe that the republicans wouldn't be stupid enough to oppose it, when everyone knows the court will back them in the long run. Either way, both sides are stupid, and this will end up costing the taxpayers god knows how much money in legal fees.

moreluck

golden ticket member
4QTR9L5.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Caitlyn Jenner will pose nude on the Sports Illustrated cover to mark forty years since her glory in the Olympics. What a saga. She had to win the Men's Decathlon, father four Kardashians, change sexes and get a boob job before she could look Hollywood in the eye and admit she was a Republican. -Argus Hamilton-

newfie

Trying to Keep Up With Recent GOP Hypocrisy
00M0M_71ntXdsDuZh_600x450.jpg

school shootings - arm the teachers
poverty - Obama's anemic economy results
poverty - Obama trying to filter more poor refugee's into this country rather then take care of those who are here
cuts in education - how about holding teachers accountable for teaching rather then worrying about what bathroom those kids use
health care- what happened to the fix all Obama care?
climate change - where ? its may and its still snowing in parts of this country

Sportello

I'd be happy to lay out a plan, if you'll give it consideration, because I see no plans from anyone else

Step one: Everyone does service to the country in whatever capacity they are capable of doing. Length of mandatory service relates to service given.

Step before one: Everyone is given an equal education and equal access to quality heathcare.