Liberal / Conservative

moreluck

golden ticket member
Too true to be funny.

If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great
test!

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.

If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for
everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a liberal is homosexual, he demands Legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation.

A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping
for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

A liberal demands that the rest of us should pay for his.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a

good laugh.

A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

Well I forwarded it to you, so you know where I stand!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Too true to be funny.

If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great
test!

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.

If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn`t eat meat.

If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for
everyone.

If a conservative is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.

If a liberal is homosexual, he demands Legislated respect.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his
situation.

A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.

Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.

A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.
(Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping
for it, or may choose a job that provides it.

A liberal demands that the rest of us should pay for his.

If a conservative reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a

good laugh.

A liberal will delete it because he's "offended".

Well I forwarded it to you, so you know where I stand!

Wow!!! Thats so true.

klein

Für Meno :)
And the outcome is (only showing 1 week):

Canada :

March 30th :
Honda adds 400 more jobs

Canadian reno tax credit boosted U.S. sales

Fear of rate hike sparks Calgary housing sales

March 29th:Banks bump up mortgage rates

March 26th:GM Canada recalling 885 workers

March24th: Inflation higher than expected: prepare Canadians for an increase in interest rates

March 23rd: Housing sales boom to continue

March 22nd:
Canada's GDP growth to top G7 in 2010

Canada's soaring dollar

USA :

March 29th: U.S. consumer spending up slightly , economy is recovering, but at a slow pace

March 26th: U.S. mortgage relief aims to shrink loans

March25th: Drop in U.S. new jobless claims lifts Dow

March 24th: U.S. economy shows mixed signs of recovery

March23:U.S. existing homes sales fall

Not being bias at all. But that's the week in review.

But, I bet you can blame it all on Obama, or perhaps the Canadian Conservatives had it right, all along ?

No matter what, we are getting the jobs. I guess we don't care if we make $5 hr less pay (as in UPS), get no company pension (don't need it, we save for ourselves, don't even get a 401K constribution from companies), and get no healthcare bennis from companies.
(except medication and dental).

Well, to be honest, if a Chinese, Japanese, European, or other world company, wanted to set foot in North America, where do you think they would go ?
Not to forget, less corperate taxes.

Thier is no majic wond now, to turn things around that extreme now, to make the USA more competitive.
Therfor creating jobs instantly won't be easy.
Not after years of capitalisum. It will take some time.

Last edited:

klein

Für Meno :)
Been drinking tonight klein?

Why would you say that ? Can't face the differences in headlines (which are all linked to the originally CBC sites) ?

I posted back in June, for investing people , to invest in the Canadian Stock Market , using Canadian Dollars. But, I know , nobody listened, nor cared.

Alone, on the dollar value, a gain of 25%, plus the stockmarket gain of 30%...or more..well over 50% profit within 6 months !

US dollar - Canada Dollar :
1y

tieguy

Banned
Why would you say that ? Can't face the differences in headlines (which are all linked to the originally CBC sites) ?

I posted back in June, for investing people , to invest in the Canadian Stock Market , using Canadian Dollars. But, I know , nobody listened, nor cared.

Alone, on the dollar value, a gain of 25%, plus the stockmarket gain of 30%...or more..well over 50% profit within 6 months !

US dollar - Canada Dollar :
1y

Who were you posting as back in june you info shows you joining in july?

bbsam

Staff member
After reading the first post, I don't think there are any true conservatives left in this country.

wkmac

What is a liberal in it's historical sense? Notice the ethmology being the point.

Main Entry: 1lib·er·al
Pronunciation: \ˈli-b(ə-)rəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free; perhaps akin to Old English lēodan to grow, Greek eleutheros free
Date: 14th century
1 a :
of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts <liberal education> b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth
2 a : marked by generosity : openhanded <a liberal giver> b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way <a liberal meal> c : ample, full
3 obsolete : lacking moral restraint : licentious
4 : not literal or strict : loose <a liberal translation>
5 : broad-minded; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
6 a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives

What is a conservative in it's historical sense?

Main Entry: 1con·ser·va·tive
Pronunciation: \kən-ˈsər-və-tiv\
Function: adjective
1 : preservative
2 a : of or relating to a philosophy of conservatism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party professing the principles of conservatism: as (1) : of or constituting a party of the United Kingdom advocating support of established institutions (2) : progressive conservative
3 a : tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : traditional

The conservative definition lacks the ethmology that the word liberal had so let's look at the root word of conservative, the word conserve and notice the ethmology. The ethmology being the equalizer in the debate of what is what.

Main Entry: 1con·serve
Pronunciation: \kən-ˈsərv\
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): con·served; con·serv·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French conserver, from Latin conservare, from com- + servare to keep, guard, observe; akin to Avestan haurvaiti he guards
1 :
to keep in a safe or sound state <he conserved his inheritance>; especially : to avoid wasteful or destructive use of <conserve natural resources>
2 : to preserve with sugar
3 : to maintain (a quantity) constant during a process of chemical, physical, or evolutionary change <conserved DNA sequences>

Which one of these classifications would be about letting the individual be free, decide for themselves and would want to be unshackled from an large entity who seeks by it's own authority to limit the individual of his/her freedom no matter how one might choose to express that? On the flipside, which one of these would not only want to enforce and maintain the status quo but would also use authority and rigidity in society in order to limit the individual of choices and mandate structure in order to "preserve" what is already in place? Which one regardless of political/social/economic cause would resort to the use of authority and state power to achieve an ends and which one might allow individuals to wash out their own conflicts among themselves in some form or free society? Don't answer using today's created construct of terms but rather using the historical ethmology of the words as guide!

I contend that in the historical usage of the terms, neither side who use these terms (co-op) for themselves truly fit the term liberal and that bothsides more fit the historical ethmology and even contemporary definitions in the conserve context. The reason bothsides pretend the illusion of difference is that the voter thinks (manipulated to believe) they want a multi choice of Wendy's, McDonald's, BurgerKing, Sonic, Jack-n-the-Box, SteaknShake or my personal favorite Rhea's or a Varsity Glorified and ChiliSlaw Dog. Uh, you can't get those last 2 where you live? Life must be a complete 8itch!
:happy-very:

But in truth when you walk into that voting booth and pick between the so-called "liberal" candidate and the "conservative" candidate, you're not picking from a variety like choosing a different hamburger joint but in truth you've just picked for yourself a plate of ...............!

And then after making your selection, you'll to the death defend just how juicy and delicious it is never realizing you're all eating the very same thing! Reminds me of the 1980's Genesis song "Land of Confusion" as the title does rightly describe what we are.

wkmac

I will come back to territory later in this essay. First, I would like to address the other part of Rothbard's definition of the state. What is that "organization" that claims the monopoly of violence? In other words, what is the state apparatus? We begin to find an answer in Rothbard's analysis of the behavior of states. In his book For a New Liberty, Rothbard says "if you wish to know how libertarians regard the State and any of its acts, simply think of the State as a criminal band, and all of the libertarian attitudes will logically fall into place" (p. 57). The reason Rothbard sees the state as a criminal band is simple: "[t]he right to self-ownership asserts the absolute right of each man, by virtue of his (or her) being a human being, to 'own' his or her own body; that is, to control that body free of coercive interference" (For a New Liberty pp. 33–4). Thus, for Rothbard, no one may claim the right to aggress against the property, especially the body, of another person. It is that simple.

The Nature of the State!

browndevil

Thanks and I'm certain in this place your view is a very minority opinion but then I don't help the cause either. On purpose!
:happy-very:

That is true and why I weed out all the retoric. You, on the other hand offer an inteligent debate and present facts from both sides. I enjoy and respect a spirited exchange of ideas here minus the name-calling

unionman

On Tuesday, Pelosi told reporters in San Francisco that "people have been active in expressing their disagreement." Sometimes those expressions have risen "to the level of threats or violence," she said, explaining that she was not allowed to comment on her own situation.
Rose Riggs, a neighbor of Giusti in a public housing complex in the city's Tenderloin district, said she saw two plainclothes and two uniformed officers take him away in zip-tie cuffs. Riggs, 62, said Giusti was known for engaging in heated political debates with others in the building.
"He was not one of my favorite people. He had a real attitude problem," she said.
Neighbor Greg Little, 53, said he also saw officers take Giusti away.
"He was real quiet when they took him out. He wasn't combative," Little said.
Sister Lorna Walsh, community operations manager of the Mercy Housing complex where Giusti lives, said he had lived in the subsidized housing for almost 10 years. She would not comment further.
))))))))))))))This guy should be a liberal)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))