Liberals told to leave

UPSNewbie

Liberals told to leave
An instructor for a hunter safety course orders Obama voters to get out of his class.

By RANDY KREHBIEL World Staff Writer
Published: 3/7/2009 2:23 AM
Last Modified: 3/7/2009 3:06 AM

Thirteen-year-old Lane Dunkley just wanted to go hunting with his grandfather.

What he got was a lecture on politics.

Dunkley and his father, Daniel Reddy, who live in Tulsa, went to Broken Arrow on Tuesday night for a hunter safety course normally required to get an Oklahoma hunting license.

The class was a reward of sorts. Dunkley, who wants to go hunting with his grandfather, was told he could take the class only if he brought up his grades.

So he did — to a B-plus average.

But when father and son arrived at the lesson, the volunteer instructor, Kell Wolf, asked if any of the students voted for President Barack Obama.

Reddy, a transplanted Californian — and former Marine — raised his hand.

According to Reddy and others in the room, Wolf called Obama "the next thing to the Antichrist" and ordered Reddy and Dunkley from the room. When Reddy refused, Wolf said he would not teach "liberals" and would cancel the course if Reddy didn't leave.

So Reddy and Dunkley left, as did a few others.

Lance Meek, hunter education coordinator for the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation, said Wolf had been a volunteer instructor for "a long time, probably 15 years or more" and "from what we've heard and observed, had always done a great job. He worked with the kids really well."

But when Meek received a call Wednesday morning — from someone other than the Reddys — he said he had no choice.

"I
got the call at 8:30, and by 9 o'clock (Wolf) was no longer a volunteer for us."

Contacted on Friday, Wolf had no comment on the matter. Meek said he talked briefly to Wolf on Wednesday, and that Wolf did not deny ordering Reddy from the class or offer an explanation.

Lane Dunkley said the situation made him angry.

"This was a big deal for me because my grandpa doesn't have a lot of time to hunt anymore," he said. "I rarely get to hang out with my grandfather.

"I thought I would never be able to get my license."

Stacy Reddy, Daniel Reddy's wife and Lane Dunkley's mother, said the family was surprised by how quickly the wildlife department acted.

"Lance Meek called and apologized up and down and wanted to know what they could do to make it right," she said.

"The only thing we really wanted was for my son to be able to take the hunter safety course, and there wasn't another one in the Tulsa area with an opening for the rest of 2009."

So Meek arranged for a private class

"They called and said they'd meet us any time, anywhere," said Daniel Reddy. "Their response has been exemplary. It has really restored my faith in government."

Meek and Stacy Reddy said it illustrates how difficult the ongoing changes in the federal government are for some Oklahomans.

"I realize a lot of people are unhappy right now," said Stacy Reddy, "but this was something my son worked his tail off to do."

Meek sounded grieved that a long-time volunteer with a spotless record seemed to have veered so suddenly off the tracks.

"It's a shame. What he did is definitely not all right with us," Meek said, "but his heart has been in the right place for a long, long time."

I hate Oklahoma. Thank god the wildlife department did something like that.

I remember this guy. He taught my hunter safety class. He was about as sharp as warm water back then, too.

diesel96

First off, one should not be labeled for voting for a Canidate. Labels are sweeping generalizations, unfortunately people are conditioned to use them for whatever reason.....Having said that....this instructor is obviously ignorant towards any proposals submitted by Obama. It's obviously not a threat to Hunters and it wouldn't get thru the House or Senate if it was. Here's my sweeping generalization, the instructed is probably a NRA member with a Ditto Head appetite....:wink2:

UPSNewbie

First off, one should not be labeled for voting for a Canidate. Labels are sweeping generalizations, unfortunately people are conditioned to use them for whatever reason.....Having said that....this instructor is obviously ignorant towards any proposals submitted by Obama. It's obviously not a threat to Hunters and it wouldn't get thru the House or Senate if it was. Here's my sweeping generalization, the instructed is probably a NRA member with a Ditto Head appetite....:wink2:

That's just a title. I know, it isn't PC, but what can you do.

Oklahoma had a bill on the election ballot that protects hunting, anyway. This guy just has his head a little too far up his rear. I really wish people would grow the friend* up. Honestly.

outamyway

While I have no problems with his voiced opinion about Obama, he's an :censored2: for not wanting to teach them and pretty much kicking them out, based on their political views.

tourists24

First off, one should not be labeled for voting for a Canidate. Labels are sweeping generalizations, unfortunately people are conditioned to use them for whatever reason.....:wink2:
D,,, we almost always disagree on these political threads, so I cant let this one go by without saying I couldnt agree with you more... right on target my friend

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel96
First off, one should not be labeled for voting for a Canidate. Labels are sweeping generalizations, unfortunately people are conditioned to use them for whatever reason.....:wink2:
D,,, we almost always disagree on these political threads, so I cant let this one go by without saying I couldnt agree with you more... right on target my friend

Agreed D
It sort of reminds me of that 5th grade teacher who pushing Obama in her class...I believe she was relieved of her duties ... wonder if the same should happen to this bozo?

UPSNewbie

Agreed D
It sort of reminds me of that 5th grade teacher who pushing Obama in her class...I believe she was relieved of her duties ... wonder if the same should happen to this bozo?

I agree. This guy is totally out of line and should be fired.
Even though I can't stand smug liberals. :happy-very:

Read the full article. He is no longer a volunteer with the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation.

tourists24

too bad the man does not have the authority to have liberals leave the US. our country would be a lot better off. :happy-very:
Glenn Beck had a good idea the other day about getting rid of the libs... It was either Thursday or Friday I think.... He said let them choose half of the states and go.... conservatives will take the other half and then seal it off so when they start to fail they have no one to blame or nowhere to go

chev

Nightcrawler
Glenn Beck had a good idea the other day about getting rid of the libs... It was either Thursday or Friday I think.... He said let them choose half of the states and go.... conservatives will take the other half and then seal it off so when they start to fail they have no one to blame or nowhere to go
I like it, but who would support all those lib's on welfare? :wink2:
Oh yeah, that would mean Obama and all his lib fools would go with him. :D They can do it. "Yes they Can" !

diesel96

too bad the man does not have the authority to have liberals leave the US. our country would be a lot better off. :happy-very:

Can you imagine if we left the Bush bufoons in power for another four years, with our country freefalling, where we would end up. Certainly not a Superpower.

Tell you what, we'll split the country like this, We will corral Rep's, Con's, Radical religious types, far right wingers in the middle of the country, surrounded by Dem's, Mod's, Lib's, Progressive's in the coastal states and the Indep and libertariaians can pick thier poison or go up to Alaska...And Wkmac, Say hello to Sarah "Who can see Russia from her house"...lol

Using a baseball analogy, Republicans are like the old crafty veteran starting pitcher who starts the game with a clean slate. Inning by inning we see the game slipping away to the point the pitching coach calls for a conference at the mound, "leave me in coach, I can rebound and finish the game"....well coach left him in and the game got out of hand. In comes the relief pitching Democrat for mop up duty as usual, and hopes from a packed house, once again, looking for another miracle ending....

tieguy

Banned
Can you imagine if we left the Bush bufoons in power for another four years, with our country freefalling, where we would end up. Certainly not a Superpower.

yep 2.5 trillion dollars less debt then we currently have.

another tax cut for me and all my wealthy middle class friends.

I guess I should subtract out the extra 300,000 dollars in extra tax revenue that obama found us with his appointees.

chev

Nightcrawler

yep 2.5 trillion dollars less debt then we currently have.

another tax cut for me and all my wealthy middle class friends.

I guess I should subtract out the extra 300,000 dollars in extra tax revenue that obama found us with his appointees.

:st_patrick: Yeah, keep it up O. This is the only thing I could praise him up till now. Makes me wonder how many more of his crooked lib buddies owe the fed. Funny how they want to raise taxes but cheat on theirs when it comes time for them to do their "patriotic duty".