How about lies from the past?
Read my Lips: "NO NEW TAXES"

"I AM NOT A CROOK"

"THERE ARE WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION IN IRAQ"

Last edited by a moderator:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
How about... " I did not have sexual relations with that women" Or "Read my lips: no new taxes"

"My font is bigger than yours" :imok:

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I guess we can't even agree on that. I never expect a politician to tell the truth, especially when trying to get elected.

I suppose you could say Romney did in his infamous 47% fund raiser, but that truth spoken was nothing to admire him for.

wkmac

While the words he spoke were indeed less than admirable, you have to admit that his blunt honesty was refreshing, especially for a politician.

But it proves (like politicians do) that they say one thing in public and another in private. Might be refreshing on one level but it can also be disgusting on another. Especially when on election day we can see lines of idiots rushing out to vote for them. And that observation applies to either line.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But it proves (like politicians do) that they say one thing in public and another in private. Might be refreshing on one level but it can also be disgusting on another. Especially when on election day we can see lines of idiots rushing out to vote for them. And that observation applies to either line.

Do you really think that the vast majority of Americans would vote for a politician who actually said it like it is?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Actually, I saw Romney vote, and there was no line whatsoever, in fact a lot of unused machines. However, if you were to look in the 47%'s neighborhoods, you would see extremely long lines.

Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually, I saw Romney vote, and there was no line whatsoever, in fact a lot of unused machines. However, if you were to look in the 47%'s neighborhoods, you would see extremely long lines.

Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Politicians often vote first thing in the morning which allows them to spend the rest of the day campaigning.

As for the lines at the polls, could it be that the 53% prefer to vote when they get off work while the 47% don't have to worry about that?