LIFE! After Brown

over9five

Staff member
Well, á la Upstates thread, my daughters boyfriend came over today and asked for her hand. I was kinda prepared as my son told me last week he had asked him what hours I'd be working because he needed to talk to me. I knew it had to be this!
She's 22, and they've been together since high school.

He showed us the ring, and his plan is to take her skiing Valentines Day and propose on the mountaintop.

This is LIFE, and I'm very excited. What will she say??? Yes? No? I can't wait to find out!

Shhhhhh, don't tell Angie.....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, á la Upstates thread, my daughters boyfriend came over today and asked for her hand. I was kinda prepared as my son told me last week he had asked him what hours I'd be working because he needed to talk to me. I knew it had to be this!

He showed us the ring, and his plan is to take her skiing Valentines Day and propose on the mountaintop.

This is LIFE, and I'm very excited. What will she say??? Yes? No? I can't wait to find out!

What's his name?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to admit that I was impressed when what's his name asked my permission. I tried to find out what meant the most to him and it turned out to be his motorcycle so I told him that all I ask is that he treat my daughter 100 times better than he treats his motorcycle. He got the point.

Congrats, Over.

I have to admit that I was impressed when what's his name asked my permission. I tried to find out what meant the most to him and it turned out to be his motorcycle so I told him that all I ask is that he treat my daughter 100 times better than he treats his motorcycle. He got the point.

Congrats, Over.

You handled that in a much more mature fashion than I. I would have asked about what meant most to him and then smashed it with a bat or put a bullet into it and then told him that my daughter was now number one on that list and had better remain there.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What's his name?

Congrats, Over.

And congrats from me too!
Hopefully your son-in-law is as good to your daughter and as good a father as my son-in-law is. I consider him the son I never had.

over9five

Staff member
You handled that in a much more mature fashion than I. I would have asked about what meant most to him and then smashed it with a bat or put a bullet into it and then told him that my daughter was now number one on that list and had better remain there.

Interesting approach, I like it!

browndevil

My wife and I gained a son-in-law this past September. He is great guy and our daughter is a lucky lady. All the best to you and Mrs Over9five

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You're the man, cach! Awesome post!

Stewie gave away the lovley Erin Bridget last May

@ the Beach
That's a lovely name, Stewie, and this is a great picture. Hope you don't mind that I pasted it here for all to see. BTW, nice job of cropping the giving her away picture. I can tell how proud you are by that big smile.

Unfortunately my eldest is playing house before any nuptials, though I love her just as much as all of you love your children. May God bless our families! Sorry if I stepped on toes with that utterance, but I'm a firm believer.:happy2:

My daughter called me a few minutes ago to let me know that they have set July 2, 2011, as their wedding date.

Look at the bright side. You just saved money on that fireworks display you had planned for the reception.
;)

On a similar note my daughter and her friends are going to winter ball tonight and I got to meet the young gentleman who is her "date". A nice kid I complimented him on his suit and pointed out if he didn`t keep his hands to himself he would be buried in it.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My son- in- law came and asked my wife and I for our daughter's hand "a real gentleman".He took her to Cape May for dinner and a walk on the beach to look for Cape May Diamonds ( pieces of tide polished smooth glass that wash up) Then gave her the real thing with his proposal.

PS My wife and I could not say no as they are both policemen and carry guns ! LOL

Big Babooba

My son- in- law came and asked my wife and I for our daughter's hand "a real gentleman".He took her to Cape May for dinner and a walk on the beach to look for Cape May Diamonds ( pieces of tide polished smooth glass that wash up) Then gave her the real thing with his proposal.

PS My wife and I could not say no as they are both policemen and carry guns ! LOL
I don't know the laws in your state, but if they're both policemen, they can legally get married in Massachusetts.:happy2:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Congratulations to Over9five and Upstate and a toast for the kids's wedding:
"May their days be long and full of happiness;may their children be many and full of health;and may they live in peace and freedom.

Last edited: