LIFE! After Brown

over9five

Staff member
Woohoooo!

Just got the call, I can officially announce the engagement of my daughter! She said she was totally surprised, she's very excited!

So am I.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Congratulations Over I am glad you are happy, glad your girl got a good guy! Happy for all of you. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

over9five

Staff member
Over....how you payin' for the big to-do?? Try to talk them into eloping to Vegas.

Hmmm, never thought of that....

Actually, I mentioned Upstates plan to my wife. Give them a set amount, and tell them to budget within that amount.

There is no date yet....

moreluck

golden ticket member
All fathers of the brides should watch a couple episodes of "Say Yes To The Dress". It's a show about girls shopping for their wedding dresses. The assistants always ask the budget....most are under $3000 ... some are under $5,000. Lots of bucks for a dress that's worn for only a few hours. I think you should talk your girls into David's Bridal $99 dollar sales. They have beautiful gowns and the most up to date styles. All anyone remembers is that the dress was white and either long or short. Something to think about !! More money to go to the Honeymoon !

rod

Retired 22 years
According to my wife- the father of the brides only job other than walking his daughter down the aisle is to sign the wedding cost checks without questioning them. Believe me you will sleepling on the couch if you try to cheap out on this affair. Thank goodness my daughter kept things rather simple with an outdoor wedding and a reception at a local township park pavillion. (It also helped that a family friend owns a beer and wine distributorship and he donated all the alcohol ).

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I did have to Google that one... OK!

O yeah ! Old Vera. My best friends daughter is getting married this November . $5500.00 fazoules for the Vera Wang dress! My daughter had a Maggie Sottero dress that was less ,but we had to issue a change order for the $200.00+ tiarra.LOL. Stewie's words of wisdom" suck it up you can't win, have the check book ready, smile and have another beer".We rented a house with 9 bedrooms on the beach for the week before and the week after the wedding.(what a party). No wonder I work two jobs.

over9five

Staff member
Isn't handing your young bride-to-be daughter a blank check akin to what is happening to our country right now? Zero responsibility? Don't worry about that deficit, spend anything you want! Just like Congress.

I'm sure my daughter would scoff at a $3000 dress that only gets worn once, she's a Conservative!

I told my oldest daughter she could have the fanciest, most extravagant wedding she could pay for...then I gave her a couple hundred bucks. I was done.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Isn't handing your young bride-to-be daughter a blank check akin to what is happening to our country right now? Zero responsibility? Don't worry about that deficit, spend anything you want! Just like Congress.

I'm sure my daughter would scoff at a $3000 dress that only gets worn once, she's a Conservative!
Spoken like a true N.E Yankee. I should explain myself better . My daughter went into the service @ 18 worked hard got her college education that way and never cost my wife or me a dime for higher education. The least we could do for the joy she brought us was pay for a lot of her nice wedding. She and her husband at the time of the wedding were both tenured police officers and participated in some of the costs. My wife the" wedding planner " really was the one I could not say no to.