life @ UPS

ih8tbrn

Banned
This guy has to be joking. An Anesthesiologist working part time at UPS just for something to do? Give me a break, go by a fishing pole.

newguyups

This guy has to be joking. An Anesthesiologist working part time at UPS just for something to do? Give me a break, go by a fishing pole.
Sorry, But you must have been mistaken. I'm an Anesthesia Assistant. I work along side with CRNA's and Anesthesiologist's durning routine and emergency procedures. Prehaps I should of explained that more clearly earlier.

ih8tbrn

Banned
Sorry, But you must have been mistaken. I'm an Anesthesia Assistant. I work along side with CRNA's and Anesthesiologist's durning routine and emergency procedures. Prehaps I should of explained that more clearly earlier.

Anyway, you must have brain damage if you want to quit, I'm assuming, a well paying job which could lead to a great paying job in order to put up with the endless amount of crap a UPS supervisor has to deal with.

newguyups

Newguy, No one has asked and I don't think you said............"Do you want to give up your other job altogether?"

If you go to FT driving you won't have time for anything else.
If you go to PT mgt you should still have time for your other job.
If you go to FT mgt you won't have time for anything else.

Something to consider.

I'm fully aware of all three options. I believe the most sensible and logical approach (or only way) would be pt mgt. If a ft mgt position became available in the future, then I must make a decision regarding my full time job.
Please let me revise my Question.
Is going into Mgt rather then driving a better career (both being full time)?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
They are, each in their own way, inherently stressfull. Mgt beats up on the hourlies and upper mgt beats up on lower mgt. It all depends on what you like doing better.

I could never go into mgt. They couldn't pay me enough to put up with the BS, and I don't like being in an office all day.
I do like driving, always have. I like being out on rte with no one looking over my shoulder all day long (I mean physically being in the truck and looking over my shoulder). Figuratively they are always looking over my shoulder. I like being responsible for what I do, not for what everyone does.

Newguy, you explained it well enough early in the thread, some people just don't read all the words.
in you present job, if you screw up, someone could die. At UPS the odds of an everyday screw up being that serious is slim to none. There is stress in every job.