Life with ups

35years

Gravy route
Are you the guy selling the 96 Honda Accord? If so, post better pics.
NO RUST
RUN GOOD
NO ACCIDENTS
I SELLING FOR MY MOTHER
ALL HIGHWAY MILES
I NOT A SCAMMER
2259_original.jpg

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it really comes down to the parents. when my children turned 15 i told each of them if they didn't go to college they were out of the house in 3 years. i reminded them of that often.

we also gave them the tools to be self-sufficient . chores, encouraging odd jobs. learning how to balance a bank book, staying away from credit cards , buying used instead of new, saving and thriftiness, etc. etc. basically the same values we were taught by our depression era parents.

they are all doing pretty well. our concern is that it takes both parents working to make ends meet but it is still possible to have a good life if you are smart.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
it really comes down to the parents. when my children turned 15 i told each of them if they didn't go to college they were out of the house in 3 years. i reminded them of that often.

we also gave them the tools to be self-sufficient . chores, encouraging odd jobs. learning how to balance a bank book, staying away from credit cards , buying used instead of new, saving and thriftiness, etc. etc. basically the same values we were taught by our depression era parents.

they are all doing pretty well. our concern is that it takes both parents working to make ends meet but it is still possible to have a good life if you are smart.
So was stripping one of your
"Odd" jobs?

gear-guy

A good question, I have traveled the world thanks to UPS, bought anything that I needed, and the insurance has kept my family with anything they needed to stay healthy. I also missed a lot of my kids ball games and events along with many other things that I would like to have been there for. The body has taken a beating but 7 weeks vacation helps. If I could magically go back in time and make a different decision I would probably choose something else but I also know a lot of people who would choose a different path with their jobs. I'm retiring next year so I might have more time to reflect while I'm drawing my pension.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
A good question, I have traveled the world thanks to UPS, bought anything that I needed, and the insurance has kept my family with anything they needed to stay healthy. I also missed a lot of my kids ball games and events along with many other things that I would like to have been there for. The body has taken a beating but 7 weeks vacation helps. If I could magically go back in time and make a different decision I would probably choose something else but I also know a lot of people who would choose a different path with their jobs. I'm retiring next year so I might have more time to reflect while I'm drawing my pension.
i would do it all over again. where else can you make 100k ayear plus bennies with a HS diploma. 7 weeks vaca, 9 sp, and 8 holidays? if you work smart you can retire wealthy and relatively healthy before you are 55.

just received another pension check yesterday and am sitting on my front deck with my dogs relaxing this afternoon doing what I want to do. It's almost like Christmas every day.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
i would do it all over again. where else can you make 100k ayear plus bennies with a HS diploma. 7 weeks vaca, 9 sp, and 8 holidays? if you work smart you can retire wealthy and relatively healthy before you are 55.

just received another pension check yesterday and am sitting on my front deck with my dogs relaxing this afternoon doing what I want to do. It's almost like Christmas every day.
Sure you did. Was that a pension check for the "17" years you claimed you had on your first post on BC or the 35 you claimed you had this year?

Wow time flies.

22.34life

It will definitely take a toll on ur body I have just over 17 years and it's getting rough.nagging in jury's tired all the time.this will be especially true if u work inside,the hub was never intended to be a 25-30 year Carrer.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
For me... I was supposed to be a personal trainer. I went to the gym during and out of high school 6 days a week for 4 consecutive years. Learned A LOT about the body and supplements.

Then I realized I hated people, and that most people are just :censored2:ing quitters.. complaining with absolutely ZERO accountability for their failures. I saw the opportunities available at UPS and didn't care about the physical stress on my body as I had planned on being in shape all my life anyway. I also intend to apply what I've learned about the human body to keeping mine in the best condition I can all the way through.

Also, who the :censored2: wants to take out a massive loan for college and make the same amount of money you could make working at UPS with no loan?