light duty work refusal

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Injured my leg and its documented on medical reports I didnt injure it there at work. I have a note saying I can work light duty till I am further evaluated by orthopedic. He said I cant work small sort cause if I injure it more I could blame it on them. (Wouldnt that be considered medical fraud against the company?) Is he in the right or do I have a standing chance for light duty work?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
When would my bennies kick back in I filled out the fmla paper and the dr. I saw :censored2:ed me n said I can return to work in 5 days and I have torn my meniscus. Ive been faxing dr. Notes sayin off work till further evaluated by ortho but if I dont have bennies how the hell can I get evaluated

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Injured my leg and its documented on medical reports I didnt injure it there at work. I have a note saying I can work light duty till I am further evaluated by orthopedic. He said I cant work small sort cause if I injure it more I could blame it on them. (Wouldnt that be considered medical fraud against the company?) Is he in the right or do I have a standing chance for light duty work?

They won't let you because they dont' want to be at fault if anything happens. It is pretty much that way at every job. I had two jobs one year and I broke my foot at ups and my other job wouldn't let me work there until I got a doctors release.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
No. If you were injured at ups, you would get light duty. Go out on STD until you are fully cleared to return to work.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Next time, do what you gotta' do to get to work. You hurt it at work, get it?

By The Book

When would my bennies kick back in I filled out the fmla paper and the dr. I saw :censored2:ed me n said I can return to work in 5 days and I have torn my meniscus. Ive been faxing dr. Notes sayin off work till further evaluated by ortho but if I dont have bennies how the hell can I get evaluated
I would call your local and find out if you have bennies. Your doctors note may say you can return in 5 day but with a weight (lifting) restriction. This note should get you in the smalls sort.

fres431

Off the clock injury you will need to have a full release to return to work. Ups policy is they have no "light duty work" however if you get hurt on job and have restrictions they will accommodate you. It's BS if you ask me and it needs to be challenged with ACLU or ADA act.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Off the clock injury you will need to have a full release to return to work. Ups policy is they have no "light duty work" however if you get hurt on job and have restrictions they will accommodate you. It's BS if you ask me and it needs to be challenged with ACLU or ADA act.

Why do you think pro athletes have provisions in their contracts which do not allow them to participate in activities which could hinder their performance on the field?

There is no way the company should be on the hook for an off the job injury.

Why do you think pro athletes have provisions in their contracts which do not allow them to participate in activities which could hinder their performance on the field?

There is no way the company should be on the hook for an off the job injury.
At least we have short term disability. Some of these young guys should look into disability insurance, they can get it fairly cheap

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My former brother in law used to work at Pepsi. He played football in high school and was asked to play for our local semi-pro team. Pepsi told him that he would be on his own if he were to get hurt while playing.