light duty work refusal

km3

No light duty for off the clock injuries

I had a health issue (not an injury) that prevented me from performing my regular duties for a few days. I told my supervisor I probably wouldn't make it in for one or two days, and he was happy to offer to send me to small sort if the doctor would clear it.

I guess "injury" is the keyword here...

I had a health issue (not an injury) that prevented me from performing my regular duties for a few days. I told my supervisor I probably wouldn't make it in for one or two days, and he was happy to offer to send me to small sort if the doctor would clear it.

I guess "injury" is the keyword here...
They don't want to be on the hook for comp, if you injure yourself worse.

Plus you sound like a good worker and some supervisors remember that.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You will not be allowed to work with a injury that occurred outside of work until you are 100% cleared to return. In the mean time, file for STD and also apply for unemployment. The doctor will give you restrictions but UPS will not work within your restrictions so they are therefore denying you work so you would be eligible for unemployment. I've had to so this twice in the last year for extended periods of time, so I have plenty of experience

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You will not be allowed to work with a injury that occurred outside of work until you are 100% cleared to return. In the mean time, file for STD and also apply for unemployment. The doctor will give you restrictions but UPS will not work within your restrictions so they are therefore denying you work so you would be eligible for unemployment. I've had to so this twice in the last year for extended periods of time, so I have plenty of experience

The ability to collect both may vary from state to state.

Drink Craft Beer

What's BS about the light duty situation is that they'll have the drivers work on the pre-load which sometimes they'll bump someone from their preferred scanning position or set them up across from another who's scanning and have them scan forever bags all morning, which clearly cuts into our time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's BS about the light duty situation is that they'll have the drivers work on the pre-load which sometimes they'll bump someone from their preferred scanning position or set them up across from another who's scanning and have them scan forever bags all morning, which clearly cuts into our time.

Now you see where PTers rank on the food chain.