Light week

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by stringerman85, Jun 30, 2008.

1. stringerman85

stringerman85 New Member

Well, me and quite a few others today were sent home because of real light volume...Probably will be light all week because of the holiday, Anybody else get the day off??
  2. SoyFish

SoyFish Member

I don't think I'll get off, but the end of last week was 'light.' I guess to them light means there are no packages coming down for 5-10 minutes and then you get blasted with packages. Ehhh I doubt I'll be off :)
  3. IDoLessWorkThanMost

IDoLessWorkThanMost New Member

ha, lucky you. probably end up getting more 10 hour nights here, won't know twi/mid volume until tonight...
  4. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Been light here too...Only processed 150,000 today on my sort
  5. thebrownbox

thebrownbox New Member

Are you kidding me... It seems like each Monday now I don't leave until around 8:55A now...
  6. cino321

cino321 Active Member

So what they'll cut loads and build everyone up... don't worry enjoy the time off. Next week you'll be wishing you never said anything.
  7. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I got a call from one of our OCS this morning asking me if I wanted the day off. LOL. I asked him if a wild bear...uh...ate in the woods.
  8. looper804

looper804 Is it time to go home yet

Next week will be even lighter.Big vacation week.
  9. The Mook

The Mook New Member

Hey all, new poster here. Driver for 9 years, 6 years as a part time slave with benefits. "They" tell us, in Gods armpit, (Michigan :happy2:) that volume will be heavy on Tuesday the 1st. Flooding in Iowa is making for some transit woes. How heavy you ask? Well let me consult the magic 8 ball we call PAS................ Says "not sure, ask later"

AHHHHHHHH PAS......... It'll change the world.
  10. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Idont know about light but we were called in early today for a total of 12 1/2 hours. I know we were still getting trains from Iowa and such.
  11. SumterCountyFlash

SumterCountyFlash New Member

any excuse will do to say the volume is down.... had 10 drivers off today at our center, said stops per car were down, they even used the excuse about the train's in the midwest, what will they say tomorrow?
  12. 25yrvet

25yrvet New Member

My F/T mgt team isn't around on really heavy days, always "outta town" or "at meetings"
  13. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

We had light delivery volume doesn't bother me.Do nine hours and go home....Yea-baby!
  14. Homoudont

Homoudont New Member

yeah volume is light in our center too. The Stupidvisor was telling people who didn't make seniority to call in to see if there was any work available. Less people and lighter volume doesn't make my job an easier.
  15. WhatPCM

WhatPCM Insubordinator

Yea yesterday(Monday) we were very light. This morning(Tuesday) we had a little extra, but of course not an earlier start time. Then all of a sudden we had an extra trailer that had to be unloaded. No one seemed to know where it was from, apparently it was supposed to show up the day before. They knew about it late last night but decided not to bump the start time up to compensate for it. Sooooo, we didnt get out till 9:30 this morning.
  16. Storm723

Storm723 Preload Supervisor

That is interesting...we had a trailer show up too, no one knew anything about...
  17. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

Talked to a shifter on our twilight and he said they only processed 148,000 yesterday
  18. Dirty Savage

Dirty Savage Paranoid Android

Last week was light for most drivers in my centre except for me, of course. Management were offering drivers afternoons off - I got Wednesday! Woo-hoo!

With Canada Day today and the 4th coming up I imagine next week should slow down a bit. Happens every year and hey, I'm not complaining.
  19. same here.....
  20. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk New Member

Thats one way to get centers to cut routes, don't tell them another trailer is coming!