LINSANITY

P

pickup

For those of you who follow basketball, what's there not to like about Jeremy Lin, the point guard for the Knicks?

Incredible and a helluva a feel good story. No negatives here. I am sure that the only one who will find anything negative to say about him is TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
For those of you who follow basketball, what's there not to like about Jeremy Lin, the point guard for the Knicks?

Incredible and a helluva a feel good story. No negatives here. I am sure that the only one who will find anything negative to say about him is TOS.
Tebow of the NBA

texan

Jeremy Lin's Faith Earns Basketball Star Title Of 'Taiwanese Tebow'

For the next several days, Rhetoric race and Religion will post articles that focus on New York Knick sensation
Jeremy Lin and the role of religion.

Enjoy New York Knicks guard Jeremy Lin's underdog story and outspoken evangelical faith have some
sportswriters dubbing him the "Taiwanese Tebow."

But while Lin and Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow share similar Christian convictions, Lin's rise
to stardom is even more miraculous.

Just a few weeks ago, the Harvard University graduate was buried on the bench and crashing on friends' couches.
Stadium security guards mistook Lin for a team trainer.

After injuries to teammates, though, Lin was inserted into the starting lineup. The Knicks have promptly won five
straight games, with their new point guard leading the way, sending the New Yorkers and Asian-Americans across
the country into a frenzy of "Linsanity."

Rhetoric Race and Religion: Jeremy Lin's Faith Earns Basketball Star Title Of 'Taiwanese Tebow'

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lin's a nice guy
Tebow's a nice guy

How wrong of me!!

That wasn't where you going with this and you know it. People don't call it Tebowing because he is a nice guy---they are referring to his unabashed expression of his religious beliefs, which is something Lin does not do.

Lin is a refreshing presence in a league dominated by selfish, egotistical multiple tattooed millionaires who only hustle during the playoffs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That wasn't where you going with this and you know it. People don't call it Tebowing because he is a nice guy---they are referring to his unabashed expression of his religious beliefs, which is something Lin does not do.

Lin is a refreshing presence in a league dominated by selfish, egotistical multiple tattooed millionaires who only hustle during the playoffs.
How dare you assume to know my direction.
I'm not a sports nut and haven't followed B-Ball since Stockton and Malone.
I know the NBA is sleazeballs who cheat on their wives....I've listened to the road stories!

Tebow is a nice guy who lives his faith .....not just in a few minutes of the games. I was referring to his morals and principles and character being those of a good guy like Lin's too.

Guess what, me saying these 2 are nice guys is a true statement and you trying to force words in my mouth or tell me what I think is so typical of a "not nice" guy.

P

pickup

I heard a rumor that the opposing team's players are letting Lin have an easy time of it out there because if they don't, Lin will tell the opposing players' wives what those tatoos in chinese that they are wearing, REALLY mean. (joke)

moreluck

golden ticket member
On The Five this afternoon, they talked about Lin and the similarity to Tebow........................Someone on here says there's absolutely nothing in common between the 2 .....but I beg to differ. ....as I did awhile back.

Upstate had this to say in post #5 on this thread....."There is no comparison between the two.

In a sport dominated by spoiled millionaires, Linsanity is refreshing. "

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

On The Five this afternoon, they talked about Lin and the similarity to Tebow........................Someone on here says there's absolutely nothing in common between the 2 .....but I beg to differ. ....as I did awhile back.

Upstate had this to say in post #5 on this thread....."There is no comparison between the two.

In a sport dominated by spoiled millionaires, Linsanity is refreshing. "

"No comparison" and "absolutely nothing in common" are not one in the same.

Linsanity came back to reality last night thanks to the Miami Heat.

Nice try--thanks for playing.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"No comparison" and "absolutely nothing in common" are not one in the same.

Linsanity came back to reality last night thanks to the Miami Heat.

Nice try--thanks for playing.

They are both stellar athletes. They are both Christians and not ashamed to be. That's 2 things in common right there. Why do you insist on saying they have nothing in common? I don't get it.