Listen up rookie package car drivers!!!!

sportsjock

I was told if you sheet up a package as MC you might as well get a signature. My route is in the "HOOD" and certain parts are no DR Allow and some are not. I get signatures for everything if I make contact with he customer. Example I has a customer in the hood that said he never received his package, but he signed for it. When I showed up to his door with the follow up and showed him the picture, of his house and his signature..the look on his face was priceless..needless to say that claim went out the window.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my center if you meet the customer you hand them the package----no need for a signature unless the shipper requires.

BTW, shippers who use our "Signature Required" stickers but do not spend the money to ship the package "Signature Require" do not get the service upgrade.

Johney

I had heard one time that if you hit "MC" you don't get as much time as if you hit "FD". Something about allowances assume the customer met you at the truck instead of you walking to the front door. Not sure it's true or not. I never use "MC" if they are standing there they sign.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had heard one time that if you hit "MC" you don't get as much time as if you hit "FD". Something about allowances assume the customer met you at the truck instead of you walking to the front door. Not sure it's true or not. I never use "MC" if they are standing there they sign.

Yes, you do get less time, but I thought you guys didn't care about your numbers?

Why would you get a signature if you are handing the package directly to the person standing in front of you?

Johney

Yes, you do get less time, but I thought you guys didn't care about your numbers? I do try and do the job as best I can sometimes you can do it others times you can't. The times I can't I don't sweat.

Why would you get a signature if you are handing the package directly to the person standing in front of you?Why wouldn't you?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Hi, Mrs. Smith. Here is your new bra from Victoria Secret. I hope Mr. Smith enjoys it" takes less than 5 seconds.

"Hi, Mrs. Smith. I need you to sign for your new bra from Victoria Secret". "Why do I have to sign? You always leave it when I am not home." "Yes, that's true, but you are standing right in front of me....." "I don't understand" takes at least 15 to as many as 30 seconds. 10-25 seconds per stop----I have at least 60-70 residential stops per day, of which 10 are met customer. You do the math.

Future

Victory Ride
I have alot of homes that are multiple family dwellings. There are some real shady people living in them UPS rules state I must get a signature for these homes. I will DR the pkg if i know it is nothing of value! The young drivers that cover my route leave everything when I am off.This occuring causes me to have 15-20 more stops the next 3 days and at least 2 driver followups within a week of me being off one day. These young guys just dont care about the DR methods!

Johney

If you are taking 30 seconds to get a signature from someone already standing there than I can see why you don't get them. It is well known that signatures will boost your allowance and at times with a lot of them it can and will lower your stop count. I see it daily by some who will in fact abuse this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I said "up to 30 seconds" to help prove my point----most take 10-15 seconds at best.

I just don't understand why you would get an autograph when they are standing right in front of you.l

Indecisi0n

The first mistake you are all making is caring. Its not your number so who CARESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Do your job by the methods and correctly and there is nothing they can do. I am constantly "over" and when they come talk to me about it I give the same response every time "Go get my rep".

Johney

And I don't understand why you wouldn't get one. I'm done with this you do it your way I'll do it mine. We can nit pick forever about this so I'll concede cause I know you never will. Ok Dave you're right!