listen up UPS, Teamster we are people!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Damn you sound like a tool,

You do have a grasp of the obvious.

what are you a manager? You have no idea? I see the IBT only favors full timers and that my friend is a fact and you can take that to the bank. I made more on unemployment without spending gas, that is bad, I have to wait a damn year for insurance. Damn

The IBT favors those that elect them into office. That is the full-timers. You are your problem.

Another reality is that the P/T position is for students primarily.
Get your degree and go make money after that.
Hiring on at UPS with the idea that you will get a friend/T job with better wages has worked in the past ... it is questionable recently and the present ... almost definitely going to get more problematic in the future.

over9five

Staff member
Over, if the line of storms blowing through here right now holds together your dry well should get quite a workout in 2-3 hours.
Is it by you, or are you still in it?
It looks ugly. I just texted my son, who is helping a buddy move, to hang out wherever he is till it passes.

W

want to retire

Hey man, walk out the gate.....don't look back! Backbone of the operation? We are all bro. We all work our way up. We can't all make $30 an hour. QUIT!

brown_trousers

Just cause it's part time doesn't take away that it should be safe and we should get compensated. What country you from? or "is it all about you"?

Believe it or not, UPS and the IBT are doing you a huge favor by discouraging you from working here. Most of us here are stuck here, but you may actually have a chance of a better life free from the clutches of UPS. Run, run, run from this job and never look back!

CAFAL

what are you a manager? You have no idea? I see the IBT only favors full timers and that my friend is a fact and you can take that to the bank. I made more on unemployment without spending gas, that is bad, I have to wait a damn year for insurance. Damn

A year is standard just about everywhere now. My sister was looking for a job for a long time last year and this was the norm. Except nobody gives benefits for pt. I believe you guys do deserve more pay. Although you are also offered a free education. As for safety, ups will blame you for not keeping your area clear. It's a hard job that requires a bit of sacrifice. Definitely use your compassion to get other pt to meetings and educate coworkers. Or shut up, put up or go work at walmart. You're not the first person to have to deal and work hard

CAFAL

You should also talk to some senior ptmers. See what their thoughts are and opinions on what's going on. Or for a ride to a meeting

UPSGUY72

We are the core of the operation

You can't hang with the rest of your co-worker. So I wouldn't use WE.

Just cause it's part time doesn't take away that it should be safe and we should get compensated. What country you from? or "is it all about you"?

What's a fair wage for the work you do ?? Should you get paid based on performance. You'd probably make less than you do now.

Not asking for $30 a hour just better pay and work conditions

You fit the right into the ME Generation you want everything now but don't want to have to work fit it or earn it...

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

Most work places do have health insurance benefits. Those that do also have wait times in order for you to join. They also make you pay a percentage of the cost weekly which is far above what you pay in union dues.

Last edited:

flipstyle9

I am speaking up cause i care. I am thankful for what i got but we need to be respected. I pay union dues but when union was outside ups they don't listen to me cause i am new. Pure bs. I work for 5 years and still make under poverty

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How many people do you support in your family? You keep mentioning the poverty level being $20,000, which would be the case if you had a family of 4, but you probably live with mommy and daddy and come home everyday and whine about "how hard you work"

If you worked PT for 5 years you would be making AT LEAST $13/hour. I was PT for 2 1/2 and was making 12.50

If it would help, maybe all us FTers could each send you $5/week so you can survive

And by the way, "Teamster we are people" is GREAT english......Maybe you should have stayed in school

UPSGUY72

How many people do you support in your family? You keep mentioning the poverty level being $20,000, which would be the case if you had a family of 4, but you probably live with mommy and daddy and come home everyday and whine about "how hard you work"

If you worked PT for 5 years you would be making AT LEAST $13/hour. I was PT for 2 1/2 and was making 12.50

If it would help, maybe all us FTers could each send you $5/week so you can survive

And by the way, "Teamster we are people" is GREAT english......Maybe you should have stayed in school

He was saying that he worked other places for the past five years apparently he had the same problem at those places too. He probably quit or has been fired from a dozen or two job over the last five years because he just doesn't want to work he wants to get paid more and work less he what you call friend...ing lazy.

flipstyle9

I see everyone here is a corporate stooge, bunch of bitches that let someone else dictacte your punk ass that is why all you are gonna get no where in life. I work hard so you don't have to bitch.

Wut

Have you considered maybe joining a branch of military? You could certainly use the experience it will offer. An E-1 also makes more than what you currently make now with benefits. Of course, will have to work much harder than you do now, but you're a pro and a professional and can handle it.

I did two enlistments in the Navy. I am currently a part-timer. This job isn't crap compared to the things I have put up with in the past. It's a piece of cake. You need a life experience to change your perspective. You wonder why everyone is so negative to you here, it's because you are nothing but negative. Please, enlighten us all and tells us one positive thing about working for UPS. Just one.

CAFAL

I see everyone here is a corporate stooge, bunch of bitches that let someone else dictacte your punk ass that is why all you are gonna get no where in life. I work hard so you don't have to bitch.

Hard now is nothing compared to pre pas. If you need more money,get another job like most of us had to do. If you think the grass is greener then quit. Better yet,stop smoking the green grass. You are the stooge and can be easily replaced. Grow up. You should work hard for pride and personal accomplishment. Why don't you have mommy and daddy go with you to a meeting.