listen up UPS, Teamster we are people!!!

flipstyle9

Ceo makes 13 million last year, last time part timers got an increase last was 1997. 15 years!!! Starting should be at least 13. They work you like a dog

brown_trousers

Ceo makes 13 million last year, last time part timers got an increase last was 1997. 15 years!!! Starting should be at least 13. They work you like a dog

Its not UPS dictating starting wages here. Its supply and demand. If people keep flocking to UPS to start work at $8.50/hr, it must still be a good starting wage, otherwise they would find work elsewhere.

If UPS couldn't find enough qualified people wanting to work at $8.50/hr, they would raise the starting wage to lure more workers in.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
If someone hired me I will be straight out the door, I was collecting more on unemployment but I don't want to collect unemployment. I want to actually work. Yes UPS was my last resort. They did tell me my wage. Once the economy get's better, if the wage doesn't get better I am out the door.
Don't let it hit in you the ass on the way out.

flipstyle9

Its not UPS dictating starting wages here. Its supply and demand. If people keep flocking to UPS to start work at $8.50/hr, it must still be a good starting wage, otherwise they would find work elsewhere.

If UPS couldn't find enough qualified people wanting to work at $8.50/hr, they would raise the starting wage to lure more workers in.

How are they flocking? It is an unskilled labor if some can walk and has hands they'll hire you.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You don't grasp how much it costs UPS to pay for those bennies. Again, if you don't like it, Fastrac is hiring. As well as Walmart, McDonalds, Burger King, Subway, ect. They don't require very much hard labor and pay you $10 an hour with a free uniform and lunch. Have at it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It is not 1997 anymore, that is a fact. It is 2012 and how much progression have we seen. I am passionate about what I do I we all have the right to be treated properly, I am the only one with the balls that can speak up.

You can say I am a hater all you want but you guys that call me a whiny bitch better check them selves.

Let me give u a little advice to helP you in life. When you have an opinion and it seems like everyone is against you. It's usually not everyone else that is the problem. Take a long hard look in the mirror.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Why? With Obamacare kids are covered until 26.

My youngest is 22 years old goes to college full time and works in the sort aisle on the twi and has his own insurance thanks to the IBT. He just got done his 4 year progression in June and now makes reasonable money. He say's he hates UPS but is always on time and a good worker. I always tell him that hard work and paying your dues is also part of your "tuiton" and that I am proud of him .He will be a better man for it.
I do not think the young people @ UPS appreciate what they have. They just want to bitch about the work and the PT sups who for the most part are the same age they are.I was married @ 22 and working 6 days a week so it is hard to be sympathetic,also my wife worked at Brown then and they didn't hire relatives or else I would be collecting the $4500.00 a month pension now and working a little part time job somewhere other than UPS. LOL

CaliforniaPaul

There should be a thread titled "Ask Upstate"! He then could share his ego with himself, be sarcastic and demeaning to his customers. He would be able to lower himself to exchange/explain his knowledge with those who have less than 1000 posts. What do ya think??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There should be a thread titled "Ask Upstate"! He then could share his ego with himself, be sarcastic and demeaning to his customers. He would be able to lower himself to exchange/explain his knowledge with those who have less than 1000 posts. What do ya think??

I like this idea. I could have several threads, each one patterned to a region of the country.

BTW, although it may be anatomically impossible, I would really like you to try the suggestion that I left in your rep inbox. Dave.