Little Fed Ex Post It notes?

bbsam

Staff member
First off that driver isnt the sharpest knife in the drawer. You dont leave a package in plain view like that. However when you pay someone peanuts to do any job who would go the extra mile. I just do what I am told thats what the boss wants thats what he gets. Never mind that is a waste of paper and money. I just think its funny the package is directly under the note in plain view. You get what you pay for and with ground wanting quality drivers they better figure out away to make the job a career. Til then there will be alot of claims.
Actually claims have dropped.

HomeDelivery

back on that pic ... that door tag was a indirect signature tag...

that ground or home delivery guy took the bottom part of the signature sticker as proof to driver release & left the package

i agree that was kinda stupid to leave it in plain sight; he/she should have moved it over to the left or right of the door/porch; and removed that doortag

--------------

i still see those people using them as "package tags" instead of door tags <shrugs> mainly in the front door

-------------------------

personally, i write down the box sequence number (because in home delivery, we have a # for every parcel) right on the door tag & if it's not a box, i'll also add "flat envelope, white macy's bag, empty DTV box, etc" right on that post-it-note square... some customers still gets confused because they don't want to READ the doortag!!!

so the thieves that reads this will know how to steal ground / home delivery packages... but since we're following the FEDEX policy, the contractor that owns that area/route shouldn't be liable anymore???

TUT

In general this is human nature. Each company you have 1000's of drivers, there are differences with them. To think the OP see's this and everyone does exactly that, that simply isn't the case. UPS or Fedex this is the same, small differences because ultimately it does come down to the individual.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I constantly see other carriers put the damn pkg right at the door where the dude exiting the house is gonna step on it if he's not looking. If I'm dropping a pkg there too, I move all the frt. out of the way.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I ran out of my house one day, to see a Bobcat that had just crossed the street. As I exited the house, I tripped over my freshly delivered Satellite dish, box. Delivered by UPS.:surprised:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Was not happy with my UPS guy, especially because it was a UPS'er from my center!

That's funny!
I have a buddy who had a brand new boat propeller delivered to his house (worth about $400). UPS left the pkg. leaning against the outside (car sized) garage door. Wife hops in car, opens garage door, backs out, feels something weird, puts in UPS claim who promptly fought it. Bah ha ha.

CharleyHustle

I see the little FedEx tags all the time, Mostly on the door with the pkg right below it on the porch, some times stuck right to the box. I've always wondered, I take the extra time to "hide" the pkg really good, then put a tag on the door in plain sight that basicly says "Hey thief! the box is over here!"

HomeDelivery

so if we use them as "box tags" and DR at the front door, the contractor won't be liable for any claims?

most of the ground guys' box tags are not filled out as well as some other HD box tags I bump across along my route...

(sheesh, i'm doing the extra work for filling them out, putting the package sequence # for nuthin' then!)

bbsam

Staff member
Note to UPS drivers. In case you doubt the strength of the competition, remember how many of those tags you run across an then multiply it several thousand times. Not bragging or anything stupid like that. Just sayin'....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Note to UPS drivers. In case you doubt the strength of the competition, remember how many of those tags you run across an then multiply it several thousand times. Not bragging or anything stupid like that. Just sayin'....

Pointing out the obvious to the oblivious is pointless.