Little League World Series

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Go Chula Vista!

7 Home runs against KY in 5 innings(damn that mercy rule).
The real game will be Tuesday against TX.
I must admit that a 6'2" 235 lb. middle school kid is a bit questionable..

ups1990

The kid's age is legit. Have you seen the father? He's a beast as well.

Up next today for the Chula Vista team, a spanking on the team from Mass.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I know he's legit, I just remember a few years back when there was a monster with a 5 o'clock shadow playing for one of the international teams...I can't remember if was the one of the years that Vista or Oceanside was in the series or was it Hawaii....

Either way, he is not even the Home run leader for the Ca team...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bernie Williams is playing the National Anthem preceding the American championship game. Very well done except for that little improv at the end. Call me old school but I prefer the anthem to be sung or performed the way that it was written.

This should be a good game. Hopefully the 4 hour rain delay won't affect the outcome.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Call me old school but I prefer the anthem to be sung or performed the way that it was written.

Serious question:
Do you know how it was meant to played and sung when it was written?
Most people think things should be performed based on what they learned it to be.
You probably learned that over 150 years after it was written and the tune was already in existence prior to 1814.

tourists24

Serious question:
Do you know how it was meant to played and sung when it was written?
Most people think things should be performed based on what they learned it to be.
You probably learned that over 150 years after it was written and the tune was already in existence prior to 1814.
Are you trying to say that we learned it wrong?... shame on you,,, it is funny though now that you mentioned it

moreluck

golden ticket member
Stripped of their win......and the #2 team from Vegas is awarded the championship. Jesse Jackson is yelling RACISM, but some adults cheating (gerrymandering) caused this outcome.
Get a church, Rev. Jackson!!!

upschuck

I have a hard time believing that the kids didn't know what they were doing was not right. The parents shoulder much of the blame, but the kids had to know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every news story I have seen about it, talked about it was all on the adults, and a great injustice for the kids, and that they are still champions, implying that they did not know.

Both of my kids played travel sports and would have known if there were anything being done that was not kosher.

Kids talk to one another. They may not tell their parents but they would know if there were any "ringers" on their team.