Living Off The Grid

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I can't imagine losing my spouse like she has, or where that would lead me. She has chosen a path I might also take if I was in her situation. If she wants to live a simple, off the grid, self-sufficient life, damn the man, she has every right. She's got nothing left to lose. More power to her.... I hope she kicks some bureaucratic ass.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I can't imagine losing my spouse like she has, or where that would lead me. She has chosen a path I might also take if I was in her situation. If she wants to live a simple, off the grid, self-sufficient life, damn the man, she has every right. She's got nothing left to lose. More power to her.... I hope she kicks some bureaucratic ass.

Honestly with no kids at this point if my wife were to pass away chance are very high I would live this lifestyle. I would buy 100 acres put up a small cabin and be as close to self sufficient as possible.

wkmac

Moreluck and yourself are just alike. Neither of you can handle other people living anything different other than the small little box you both live in. Sad to see 2 people so gripped by fear.

wkmac

BTW Road, did your ancestors justify slavery on the grounds it civilized and taught the work ethic to those they saw as savages?

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
Moreluck and yourself are just alike. Neither of you can handle other people living anything different other than the small little box you both live in. Sad to see 2 people so gripped by fear.
Bzzzzt.

I live my life with so little fear, it would frighten even you.

brett636

I imagine this is really a case of government bullying run amok. I don't think those officials thought they would win if she fought back, but the point was to scare others from following in her footsteps. I hope she wins and can continue to live her off the grid lifestyle. There is nothing wrong with it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I suppose changing quotes works well for you, since you can't deal in actual facts.

Changing the content of a quoted message is discouraged at best and against the TOS generally.
Although you made it quite obvious that you changed the post, please refrain from doing so and simply copy the quote and change the quote in the reply.

From the Terms and Rules -
Content will not be deleted or altered for the purpose of distorting the pattern of opinion in any given discussion.
While this is discussing Moderators deleting or editing content, it applies to members when they quote as well.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms#ixzz2o9jIxkGM

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
As I thought, your reading comprehension is weak.
No Brett cannot change the content within a quote ... but he can with the reply.

Let me know if I need to draw a picture.
I see. It's just that I have been warned in the past for doing just that. Different rules for different posters. That I get.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I see. It's just that I have been warned in the past for doing just that. Different rules for different posters. That I get.
You obviously don't understand.
I will put some pictures together for you so you will understand like everyone else on BC.
Frickin waste of my time but I'll do it for you.