Living people on stamps !!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by moreluck, Sep 26, 2011.

1. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

This could be a big mistake. The rule of thumb (and a good one) is never name parks, buildings, streets or put on stamps, any living persons. At least if it's just dead people, you know their life story. With living people how do you know you won't end up with a Charlie Sheen on a postage stamp. Their life isn't done yet....they could royally screw up!! Do you really want a forever stamp with Michael Moore on it ???

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-on-us-stamps-for-first-time/?test=latestnews

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

...or a forever stamp of Obama that says "Vote for me"....

3. ajblakejr

ajblakejr Age quod agis

This is just wrong.

4. klein

klein Für Meno :)

Gee, can't you folks put your own pics on stamps, yet ?

5. klein

6. moreluck

Been getting the printed stamps from a friend for over 2 years now.

What the USPS. is talking about is an official stamp that the entire country would use with a living person's picture on it.......dead presidents are ok, dead famous people are OK........but live people can screw up.

7. moreluck

That's not what we are talking about!

8. moreluck

Can you imagine having a huge introduction celebration for the new 44 cent Rod Blogojevich stamp ??? :sick:

9. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

How would Charlie Sheen on a postage stamp effect my life in any way either positively on negatively? How would it effect my income, what I eat, how I pay my light bill, what music I might listen too or what books I might read? Again, how does a face on a postage stamp make any real difference in anyone's life?

10. moreluck

It doesn't make any difference at all....it's just the idea that I think a stamp is an honor and shouldn't be given to slime & slugs!! I still use stamps, so I hate the idea.

11. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

The USPS ruined the "honor" long ago IMO and I don't use stamps anyway (maybe two a year) so, they can disgrace the previous honor anyway they want too.

12. klein

Well, I like the idea, Canada has been doing it for a long time - Bryan Adams is one that made an official Canada Stamp, along with other recording artists or current Canadians in Hollywood.

How could we not have living people on stamps ? The Queen is on the basic one, and not to forget the Royal Weddings, Lady Di, and now Kate and Willi.

13. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Oh no, please don't tell me Garfield and Odie are dead!!!!!

14. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

I'm holding out for the Octomom Commemorative Issue :woohoo:

15. faded jeans

faded jeans just a member

Isn't it Leno that calls him Blogsonnaofvich?

16. moreluck

Please tell me how all this B.S. will help make the USPS any money????

I do use lots of stamps....still pay bills by mail and do birthday and Christmas cards too.

17. klein

I bet you pay your bills by mail. You too occupied on browncafe to do any online banking ! :)

18. moreluck

It takes time to write out checks and pay bills and it's away from the computer. What I do during my daily activity is my business and no one's concern but me & mine and whoever I want to share it with.

19. Lue C Fur

Lue C Fur Evil member

Oh, its because Perry supports the death penalty...OK. So why did you give me negative rep...i cant ask a question? Did the question offend you?

20. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Don't you hate members who give neg rep for no reason other than they can?:wink2: