Living people on stamps !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
This could be a big mistake. The rule of thumb (and a good one) is never name parks, buildings, streets or put on stamps, any living persons. At least if it's just dead people, you know their life story. With living people how do you know you won't end up with a Charlie Sheen on a postage stamp. Their life isn't done yet....they could royally screw up!! Do you really want a forever stamp with Michael Moore on it ???

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-on-us-stamps-for-first-time/?test=latestnews

klein

Für Meno :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wasn't kidding, you can print your own photos on stamps here, and postcards.
Postcards they'll even print and mail them out for you.

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/productsservices/atoz/picturepostage.jsf

This link for photo stamps : https://www.picturepostage.ca/picpostageprod/DispatcherServlet?op=welcome_public&lang=ENGLISH

Actually, might be a good idea for the next photo contest, winner gets their own postage stamp and postcard with the winning entry pic :)
Been getting the printed stamps from a friend for over 2 years now.

What the USPS. is talking about is an official stamp that the entire country would use with a living person's picture on it.......dead presidents are ok, dead famous people are OK........but live people can screw up.

wkmac

How would Charlie Sheen on a postage stamp effect my life in any way either positively on negatively? How would it effect my income, what I eat, how I pay my light bill, what music I might listen too or what books I might read? Again, how does a face on a postage stamp make any real difference in anyone's life?

moreluck

golden ticket member
How would Charlie Sheen on a postage stamp effect my life in any way either positively on negatively? How would it effect my income, what I eat, how I pay my light bill, what music I might listen too or what books I might read? Again, how does a face on a postage stamp make any real difference in anyone's life?
It doesn't make any difference at all....it's just the idea that I think a stamp is an honor and shouldn't be given to slime & slugs!! I still use stamps, so I hate the idea.

It doesn't make any difference at all....it's just the idea that I think a stamp is an honor and shouldn't be given to slime & slugs!! I still use stamps, so I hate the idea.
The USPS ruined the "honor" long ago IMO and I don't use stamps anyway (maybe two a year) so, they can disgrace the previous honor anyway they want too.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, I like the idea, Canada has been doing it for a long time - Bryan Adams is one that made an official Canada Stamp, along with other recording artists or current Canadians in Hollywood.

How could we not have living people on stamps ? The Queen is on the basic one, and not to forget the Royal Weddings, Lady Di, and now Kate and Willi.

over9five

Staff member
usps-garfield.jpg

Oh no, please don't tell me Garfield and Odie are dead!!!!!

old levi's

blank space
This could be a big mistake. The rule of thumb (and a good one) is never name parks, buildings, streets or put on stamps, any living persons. At least if it's just dead people, you know their life story. With living people how do you know you won't end up with a Charlie Sheen on a postage stamp. Their life isn't done yet....they could royally screw up!! Do you really want a forever stamp with Michael Moore on it ???

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-on-us-stamps-for-first-time/?test=latestnews

I'm holding out for the Octomom Commemorative Issue :woohoo:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Please tell me how all this B.S. will help make the USPS any money????

I do use lots of stamps....still pay bills by mail and do birthday and Christmas cards too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I bet you pay your bills by mail. You too occupied on browncafe to do any online banking ! :)
It takes time to write out checks and pay bills and it's away from the computer. What I do during my daily activity is my business and no one's concern but me & mine and whoever I want to share it with.