Lng

QKRSTKR

Heard fuel goes in at -229 degrees. Have to wear special suit while fueling. Not the job to have in the summer. If you fuel your own tractor I think those days will be gone.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Heard fuel goes in at -229 degrees. Have to wear special suit while fueling. Not the job to have in the summer. If you fuel your own tractor I think those days will be gone.

It's not the job you want EVER.

Through fire department training I've learned of something called an RPT Explosion. There's no actual fire when it happens, but when LNG comes into contact with water, the LNG expands to 600 times its volume and it's literally going to blow away anyone near it.

Coming to a UPS facility near you...

trickpony1

"We're sorry for your husbands death, here's a $10,000 check that we think is adequate settlement for your husband's unfortunate being blown to hell. We didn't know LNG would react in this manner"

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
"We're sorry for your husbands death, here's a $10,000 check that we think is adequate settlement for your husband's unfortunate being blown to hell. We didn't know LNG would react in this manner"

They'll be writing quite a few checks if the RPT follows the LNG flow back to the 6 storage tanks.

UPS would be wise to hire professionals to do this fueling initially while qualifying others from the company at the same time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I was in the Air Force part of my job was dealing with LOX (Liquified Oxygen). There was special training involved but once trained it was no big deal to work with. The same would apply to LNG.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

This is not cutting edge technology. The world has been transporting LNG on ships for years. The unknown is always a scary place. Ask any 5 year old.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
When I was in the Air Force part of my job was dealing with LOX (Liquified Oxygen). There was special training involved but once trained it was no big deal to work with. The same would apply to LNG.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I don't think it would be any more dangerous than refueling an airplane , a tractor, or package car. I've watched a local municipality refueling some of their trucks with LNG. If those guys are doing it, anybody can do it, but like you said, with the right training.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I don't think it would be any more dangerous than refueling an airplane , a tractor, or package car. I've watched a local municipality refueling some of their trucks with LNG. If those guys are doing it, anybody can do it, but like you said, with the right training.
Are you sure that wasn't CNG refueling you saw?