Load Rate of 400-500 Packages per hour

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've been actually loading about 6 weeks now and wondering if 400-500 is the norm and if your a loader, how long does it take to get to that?

The pic is from my new hire packet.

Just curious, and yes I did use the search option on this topic. There is only one old post. Thanks in advance for your help.
View attachment 96454
That is for loading trailers ... not package cars.
Aren't you on preload?
If preload then it depends on #of of cars and other activities in addition to preloading.
Scanning and crayon color marking are not in the allowances.
If preload with 3-4 cars (typical) then 220 -240 hr is more like it.
The variance depends on where you are on a belt - head of belt - less, at stop position - more.
If from cages or slide then more like 300 pph.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You made book, didn't you? Then the only numbers that should concern you should be the ones on your paycheck.
Sup: "You need to step up the pace!"
You: "I'm working as fast as I safely can."

Done.

Tick Toc

The problem is they want all packages scanned AND HIN on every piece. The new scanners are tough to pull up the bar code at times. Add management stopping by every few minutes to chat and running bulk. . . Some people didn't wrap until after 9:15am today.

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
That is for loading trailers ... not package cars.
Aren't you on preload?
If preload then it depends on #of of cars and other activities in addition to preloading.
Scanning and crayon color marking are not in the allowances.
If preload with 3-4 cars (typical) then 220 -240 hr is more like it.
The variance depends on where you are on a belt - head of belt - less, at stop position - more.
If from cages or slide then more like 300 pph.

No I'm a trailer loader not preload.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You made book, didn't you? Then the only numbers that should concern you should be the ones on your paycheck.
Sup: "You need to step up the pace!"
You: "I'm working as fast as I safely can."

Done.

They should be taking my first payment this week. Unless I have to sign something first. I needed 30 working days which was last Friday.
Most people bust their butts until they gain seniority and then they settle into a pace their body can deal with on a day-in-day-out basis.
"It is a marathon" is really good advice and something people should keep in mind.
The hardest part of the job mentally is dealing with the boredom and paying attention.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Most people bust their butts until they gain seniority and then they settle into a pace their body can deal with on a day-in-day-out basis.
It is a marathon is really good advice and something people should keep in mind.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the boredom.
I stand by what I said. When I was a loader...I set my pace according to the flow...not according to what a sup told me the daily PPH goals were.
Dealing with the boredom....that's what Bluetooth headphones are for. I'm either on the phone or listening to podcasts or music. It helps pass the time.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I stand by what I said. When I was a loader...I set my pace according to the flow...not according to what a sup told me the daily PPH goals were.
Dealing with the boredom....that's what Bluetooth headphones are for. I'm either on the phone or listening to podcasts or music. It helps pass the time.
Don't know what you said but, "Sure!"

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
It is a marathon is really good advice and something people should keep in mind.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the boredom.

It's not too bad yet (boring wise). Guys in my hub are nice to me and when I work alone I focus on my wall. Time passes by pretty quickly too.

I actually like not having to preform and be super nice even when people are rude like at my other job.