Load Rate of 400-500 Packages per hour

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You know what "hall sex" is don't you?
"Screw you" as you pass in the hall
Drop-the-mic.gif

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We do not have that kind of relationship. On vacation this week and wanting to go up to the "House on The Rock" in Wisconsin. Maybe a second honeymoon? Wish me luck.
My wife and me neither.
Been married 43 years.

I don't want any luck, her birthday was back in June.
She wishes I was bi-sexual and then it would be twice a year.

PT Car Washer

My wife and me neither.
Been married 43 years.

I don't want any luck, her birthday was back in June.
She wishes I was bi-sexual and then it would be twice a year.
Not touching that one. Thinking of stopping at the National Motorcycle Museum and the Field of Dreams. Another record corn and soybean harvest this year and the row crop farmers are losing money again this year. How do they pay for those $450k John Deere combines?

herbigharo32

PPH on smalls is running about 150 an hour. Unload is about 300 at best. The entire DFW Air Hub is basically jammed up / shut down for much of the shift. This week, sleep deprivation, not enough help, long shift durations are all playing into a perpetual decline in efficiency. Spoke with one of the center managers outside of work on day and he said we were running 59% and dropping; that was several months ago. At any rate, unloaded at 800 PPH is physically impossible at this time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not touching that one. Thinking of stopping at the National Motorcycle Museum and the Field of Dreams. Another record corn and soybean harvest this year and the row crop farmers are losing money again this year. How do they pay for those $450k John Deere combines?

My son and I drove out to the Field of Dreams movie set. There is a house, souvenir stand and the field. Make sure that you have GPS as it is NOT easy to find.

My son did the walk out of the corn field which was not nearly as dramatic as it was during the movie as the corn at the time was only about 6" high.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I tried to load around 350 an hour but was always in long boxes. I could have gone faster but I thought that was a fair rate with the jams, old rollers and junk scanners we had to use.

If you're in a hub not using load scanners I think 400-500 would be very easy, especially at my hub since most loaders seem to leave 2 feet of air on top of the packages so it's obvious they aren't using load stands.

Work smart not hard. If I got something heavy it was always low in the load. I never understood other loaders putting heavy stuff high...more work and it damaged other packages under it.

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
I tried to load around 350 an hour but was always in long boxes. I could have gone faster but I thought that was a fair rate with the jams, old rollers and junk scanners we had to use.

If you're in a hub not using load scanners I think 400-500 would be very easy, especially at my hub since most loaders seem to leave 2 feet of air on top of the packages so it's obvious they aren't using load stands.

Work smart not hard. If I got something heavy it was always low in the load. I never understood other loaders putting heavy stuff high...more work and it damaged other packages under it.

The highest I have done is 300+ but not on a regular basis. I average 185-200+ still trying to get the hang of it. We only have 1 extendo in our PD which is great for the load stand but not one of the guys use a load stand. It. doesn't fit well with 2 people in a trailer with roller chutes. But I actually like to use a stand just don't get to.

I do focus on load quality and then try to safely increase my speed. I do spend a lot of time waiting for my scanner to load and adjusting it so it doesn't slide off my fingers. Unless I was scanning a bunch of little bags and smalls. I can't even imagine doing 400-500 PPH

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
When you have 2 loading is the other person taking the easy stuff?

Are you having problems with the splits? Once you memorize them and don't need to think about it you will be much faster. I would also skip a box or two if one had a label already facing me and ready to scan.

Have you checked the computer to see what others on your belt are loading at? I doubt you're the slowest.

Dr.Brownz

T. It. doesn't fit well with 2 people in a trailer with roller chutes. But I actually like to use a stand just don't get to.

I

Demand a load stand. Tell them is it a safety issue not to use one and then refuse to grab boxes that are above your head. Safety issue. Don't let the company steam roll you. Tell them a sup grabbed your butt if all else fails!

Brownies...mmm

Never Underestimate the Power of a Woman
Demand a load stand. Tell them is it a safety issue not to use one and then refuse to grab boxes that are above your head. Safety issue. Don't let the company steam roll you. Tell them a sup grabbed your butt if all else fails!

Thanks for the tip. We have plenty in our PD. I take one if I need to when I'm alone. I thought load quality was supposed to be important but after loading with different sub sups and people from other PD's, not always the case.

It's hard when your the new guy. I agree safety is most important. Will work on getting them used to me using a load stand if I need to.

km3

Thanks for the tip. We have plenty in our PD. I take one if I need to when I'm alone. I thought load quality was supposed to be important but after loading with different sub sups and people from other PD's, not always the case.

It's hard when your the new guy. I agree safety is most important. Will work on getting them used to me using a load stand if I need to.

Always use a load stand. Your shoulders will thank you later.

dudebro

Load stand in each load for outbound sups is a come to work item, not a matter of opinion. If you see a load stand in your area when you start, bring it in to the trailer with you, end of story.

If someone stupid says something about it, you can simply ask, "So, you're telling me I'm NOT to use a load stand. Really?" That should be enough.

mrwiliker

I would say if you can hit 300 PPH fairly regularly then you'll be golden. I've been a loader for over 11 years and now as a combo I do unload / load for 10 to 12 hours a day. While I am able to go over 600 PPH when conditions allow, I find it best to set a pace that I am able to be comfortable with and end the night without being completely drained for the next day. Always make sure they are waxing your slides. If they are not and you're getting lots of jams because of it make sure to complain loudly and mention how it seriously affects your PPH. Watch your flow and learn to recognize specials. Although your pickoffs should alert the supervisors oftentimes you are the first line of defense and the sooner you ask for help the less damage will be wrought upon your area. If you are on rollers somewhat less than 300 PPH would be understandable especially when the packages are heavy which is a constant where I am at. Also if you're supposed to be in charge of several doors that will diminish your capability significantly as you want to make sure that you use three points of contact in and out of trailers and clear a path through the egress never stepping on boxes or bags. Hopefully this answers your question :-)

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I would say if you can hit 300 PPH fairly regularly then you'll be golden. I've been a loader for over 11 years and now as a combo I do unload / load for 10 to 12 hours a day. While I am able to go over 600 PPH when conditions allow, I find it best to set a pace that I am able to be comfortable with and end the night without being completely drained for the next day. Always make sure they are waxing your slides. If they are not and you're getting lots of jams because of it make sure to complain loudly and mention how it seriously affects your PPH. Watch your flow and learn to recognize specials. Although your pickoffs should alert the supervisors oftentimes you are the first line of defense and the sooner you ask for help the less damage will be wrought upon your area. If you are on rollers somewhat less than 300 PPH would be understandable especially when the packages are heavy which is a constant where I am at. Also if you're supposed to be in charge of several doors that will diminish your capability significantly as you want to make sure that you use three points of contact in and out of trailers and clear a path through the egress never stepping on boxes or bags. Hopefully this answers your question :-)

Pay rate? If you dont mind me asking.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Lot of stuff around here grew great but the moisture content is stupid high.

Gonna cost them a fortune to dry it out that is if it doesn't rot in the field.