Loader and Helper

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I asked the driver if any of the loaders go out as helpers in this area. He said some do. Apparently most don't as they start at midnight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center used to prefer using insiders; however, they now prefer to limit the hours insiders work to make sure they are available for the duration of Peak.

HardknocksUPSer

Our management doesn't care as long as I work no more than 12hrs a day. I'd work 13-14 if I could but they say it's agianst DOT regulations.

fres431

They lied. I've gone out helping during summer peak...worked 6 hrs preload....left the.building at drivers' start time on the PC and got back around 8-9pm. With a lunch, it was a 16-17 hour day. We are not bound by DOT rules.
She is right my building had a part timer work 16hrs this peak they had over 70hrs for the week no restrictions as long as you don't drive

wetleg

2 drivers I was with told me that the loaders who came on and helped them out were just worn out after a few hours and they had to let them go and get someone else.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
My loader was also a helper for the intown route driver. He was a cover once. But, wanted to load. Ups lost a good driver here. Awesome loader. No misplaced in over a yr now