Loader to Part Time Supervisor..worth it?

NY11725

Are you in this company for life or not

If you are here for life then no , if you are only here for a short time then yes

Easy as that

This is pretty much the jiff of it. I've been in preload going on 5 years this may. I know the ups and downs of going from hourly to sup. Most of it is downs. The ONLY upside is a bigger paycheck, and it's MAYBE doubled. I keep thinking about putting my sup letter in, but there is a few factors you really want to consider. One being Union. As far as I know, sups are not union, and you can get canned REAL QUICK. Second is, as far as I know, your insurance plan is worse than the hourly people. Your plan isn't as good, and your copay is much more. Third being like someone mentioned, your FT sup yells ALL THE TIME....as does mine....all I hear is her mouth everyday, and I'm a Pick Off. I can hear her from the other side of the bldg even over the sounds of the running belts and motors.

If you plan to ever drive or are even considering it, stay a part time hourly, I'm actually about to put my name on the bid list next time it posted as I always neglect to do so, and since I did, the other guy who was hired the same exact day as me, was in my training classes and everything, he is driving now. Keep all this in mind.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This is pretty much the jiff of it. I've been in preload going on 5 years this may. I know the ups and downs of going from hourly to sup. Most of it is downs. The ONLY upside is a bigger paycheck, and it's MAYBE doubled. I keep thinking about putting my sup letter in, but there is a few factors you really want to consider. One being Union. As far as I know, sups are not union, and you can get canned REAL QUICK. Second is, as far as I know, your insurance plan is worse than the hourly people. Your plan isn't as good, and your copay is much more. Third being like someone mentioned, your FT sup yells ALL THE TIME....as does mine....all I hear is her mouth everyday, and I'm a Pick Off. I can hear her from the other side of the bldg even over the sounds of the running belts and motors.

If you plan to ever drive or are even considering it, stay a part time hourly, I'm actually about to put my name on the bid list next time it posted as I always neglect to do so, and since I did, the other guy who was hired the same exact day as me, was in my training classes and everything, he is driving now. Keep all this in mind.
you're totally off regarding the PT sup pay bump.

Maybe a few dollars an hour, iirc it's a percentage. That is for Part-time, anywhow. I did the mapp test and was easily promoted but declined.

Most part-time sups don't make much, at least the ones I concretely know of. Surely there are different pay equations depending on local demographics and cost analysis, but on average.

Two examples: One PT sup that has around 20 years is making 19/hr. another around 16/hr with 10 years service.

Right now I have 11 years service and 26.35/hr....or around $20/hr hire-date PT wage.

NY11725

Maybe a few dollars an hour, iirc it's a percentage. That is for Part-time, anywhow. I did the mapp test and was easily promoted but declined.

Most part-time sups don't make much, at least the ones I concretely know of. Surely there are different pay equations depending on local demographics and cost analysis, but on average.

Two examples: One PT sup that has around 20 years is making 19/hr. another around 16/hr with 10 years service.

Right now I have 11 years service and 26.35/hr....or around $20/hr hire-date PT wage.

Well, I know a few sups who were hourly before, and they told me their paycheck is almost doubled. They get around 27 hours a week, at around 14-16 a hour. So, about 1.5 more, so.. yea...almost doubled.

UPSRook

You get that much for part time? I though there was a cap on how much PTs got per hour.