loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect loads

cino321

Re: loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect l

Older guys tend to be pickier about their loads.We middle aged guys have a lower level of acceptance. Used to be, we slid 5 to 10 pkgs up into our 30 inch selection area and moved on. Now I find myself saying load was acceptable when I only have 1 or 2 misloads and majority of boxes have labels faced for selection. If more than 1/2 of boxes are in sequential order, I am pretty pleased. Some guys refuse to lower their level of acceptance and I can't really blame them as the dispatch numbers are based on these "training video" type loads and they are being held to standards that are not realistic if they are spending too much time sorting and searching. I know the loaders don't have time to give us perfect loads, but believe it or not, they are supposed to. Somewhere down the road maybe we all will be back to quality before quantity, but for now we all have to keep dealing with 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag.

Ditto, times have changed unfortunately. I'm satisfied if all the right work is in the truck, and I don't have any misloads. I could careless about sequence, I have to go through the entire load anyway and reset it.

over9five

Staff member
Re: loaders- fun things to do to your drivers who complain about absolutely perfect l

i wasn't trying to make anyone feel stupid upstate. i thought your guess was very clever.

Forty, I gotta respect how you just threw that in there to see what kinda response you'd get.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken

which part? the comment to upstate or the eadgbe?

over9five

Staff member

as a matter of fact, I wil try it

i
n
a
s
a
c
i
o
h

DS

Fenderbender

I grew up learning guitar strings as
every
american
daughter
gets
babies
early

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball

This thread should be named the "Imature, irresponsible, we just cant get it right, so we take it out on the driver" thread. How pathetic. Do you job, do it right, or go work at McDonalds. Grow up.

Indeed. When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

For once I would like to see packages actually put in order. Why must I go through the entire 1000 section to find an 1100 or 1250 for example? Oops, her it is...in the middle of the 5000 section!

I cover 12 different routes and they are pretty much all the same except one. And I make sure to tell the kid what an outstanding job he does, because I'm sure his sup won't.

Bryishre

ktm atv racer

no wonder fedex is taking our customers preloaders and pas team doing stupid things. they make loading the trucks so easy now with the pal labels a caveman can do it heck my 2year old can do it. its a bad cycle we get out of the building late then get back late causing the the loads going outbound late so then the inbound stuff comes in late and they start yall later because loads get there late and most time that means less time to do the same amount of work just because you want to cover a label or be a horse's pa toot because yall dont like a driver. also about the anal driver if you load it in numerical order and he complians tell him its not your fault he needs to fix his dol. but what do i care i just made feeders

Joebeans

I hated when I was new and the driver wanted his truck done backwards than the way it's supposed to be done then pissed at you for not knowing it

sosocal

is this what this company has come to?

sx2700

Banned

is this what this company has come to?

Yes. Like the above poster said....If you pay peanuts you get monkeys. What kind of work do you expect from a bunch of college kids making 9 bucks an hour and very little training?