Loading 4 trucks > unloading one

Box Ox

Maybe OP means to compare unloading/loading against each other over the same time period in order to start The Great PT Peen War of Late 2016.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I loaded an area that had 5 package cars. It was considered the worst area in the building, but it was mostly rural routes.

Unload was where they sent people that sucked at loading.

km3

Unloading:
-Place package onto belt. Repeat 1200+ times per hour.
-Put irregs onto belt, walk them out of the trailer, remove from belt, put on slide for the sweeps to come get.
-Almost no contact with supervisors thoughout the entire shift.
-No need to worry about getting packages off of your belt or out of your cages.

Preloading:
-Grab package from belt or cage, use a marker or crayon to mark it with the SPA numbers, place in proper spot in package car.
-Get harassed by supervisors about not keeping your cage or area clean.
-Get all the blame when preload isn't wrapped on time, regardless of whether or not it was actually the supervisor or people who called in that are to blame.
-Dealing with drivers.

I'll take unloading every time. But I do know some people who prefer preloading. One such person shares my opinion that unloading could very well be the most dangerous job in the building.

Loading trailers is way easier than either of them. Not as physical or dangerous as unloading, but not as much stress or harassment as preloading. Also no dealing with package drivers. Feeder drivers don't usually complain about anything (let alone everything), and should they decide to help you out, they're actually on the clock getting paid to do it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Loading trailers is way easier than either of them. Not as physical or dangerous as unloading, but not as much stress or harassment as preloading. Also no dealing with package drivers. Feeder drivers don't usually complain about anything (let alone everything), and should they decide to help you out, they're actually on the clock getting paid to do it.
Loading trailers is probably the most physical PT job there is. Any idiot can do it but it sucks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Unloading:
-Place package onto belt. Repeat 1200+ times per hour.
-Put irregs onto belt, walk them out of the trailer, remove from belt, put on slide for the sweeps to come get.
-Almost no contact with supervisors thoughout the entire shift.
-No need to worry about getting packages off of your belt or out of your cages.

Preloading:
-Grab package from belt or cage, use a marker or crayon to mark it with the SPA numbers, place in proper spot in package car.
-Get harassed by supervisors about not keeping your cage or area clean.
-Get all the blame when preload isn't wrapped on time, regardless of whether or not it was actually the supervisor or people who called in that are to blame.
-Dealing with drivers.

I'll take unloading every time. But I do know some people who prefer preloading. One such person shares my opinion that unloading could very well be the most dangerous job in the building.

Loading trailers is without a doubt the most physical job at ups.