Loading advice

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bste11, Dec 9, 2008.

1. bste11

bste11 King of UPS

I am doing pre-load this morning for the first time. What should I expect? I have heard soooo much about how hard it is/how much it sucks, etc. Is it really this bad? Any helpful tips, hints, or suggestions? Thank you.

2. drewed

drewed Shankman

Youll probably just be unloading, remember pivot, unload walls from the TOP and drink lots of water

3. buttere

buttere New Member

It probably really is as hard as you've heard. Good luck though!

4. rod

rod retired and happy

wear a hard hat:wink2:

5. Cobra Agent

Cobra Agent Mandalorian

wear a cup and mouth piece

6. rod

rod retired and happy

steel toed shoes -prepare like you would if you were going to stand in front of an avalanche

7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Get yourself some good workboots

8. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

too funny

9. bste11

bste11 King of UPS

It was easy as hell. 3:30a.m. to 9:30a.m., just got home. I could have done it in my Air Force Ones. I did everything from sorting(annoying), to putting boxes in front of trucks labeled like rs-5 or something, to loading boxes, to some other stuff. Time went by real quick, I didn't get bored once (my main problem with jobs) and I met some decent friends to chill with there already. All in all it was cool, but my only complaint is I had to join the union and pay the fees, when I may only be employed until December 31. That sucks.

10. Kingpin13

Kingpin13 New Member

^this makes u the king of ups?

dont worry about the union, its worth it

and if you do get laid off or get no hours after december 31st and u do a good job between now and then, they will call you back

11. cachsux

cachsux Wah

In layman's terms: Boxes go into Trucks.