Loading trucks

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Hefner51, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Hefner51

Hefner51 New Member

I need advice on loading the trucks Im not very good at all at it. It's my second day of loading and my supervisor tells me I'm not moving fast enough or not doing it in the right sequence so please could someone give me some advice. And also If I don't get it will they fire me or move me to another position

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Are you talking about packages cars or outbound trailers?

3. Hefner51

Hefner51 New Member

Package cars with the shelves

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My only experience is with the package cars without shelves.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Hefner51

Hefner51 New Member

Do you have any tips at all. I could use anything my biggest problem is fitting packages in and making sure they are in sequence when they don't come down the conveyor belt in sequence and by the time i see a package that I need the shelves are already full

6. novadriver

novadriver Active Member

Im a driver, never been a loader but the good loaders put the big stuff on floor an small stuff on shelf, bulk stops on floor together. as a driver we start at 1000 shelf and work our way thru to the 8000 shelf, so try an put stuff on floor in that order if its huge...itll help the driver

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Shift Inhibit

Shift Inhibit He who laughs last didn't get it.

Get good at Tetris

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Hefner51

Hefner51 New Member

Okay so put the big 1000 boxes under the 1000 shelves and the 2000 big boxes under the 2000 shelves and so on and so on

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Doesn't matter they don't train loaders correctly and the DOL system is broken n not done correctly anyhow. Destined to fail not because of what your doing but because the whole system is broken n not set up correctly to work by the brain dead idiots you work for.

10. Hefner51

Hefner51 New Member

Okay so put the big 1000 boxes under the 1000 shelves and the 2000 big boxes under the 2000 shelves and so on and so on

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

The floor under the 2000 shelf is for 1000 and 2000 #s. Show a sense of urgency....and ask your sup questions if you're unsure of something. Oh and remember....it's not a crime to pick up more than one package at a time.

12. HubBub

HubBub Active Member

Just listen to you're supervisor, he probably loaded for at least several months and therefore knows what he's talking about. Just load faster and in sequence and all will be well.

13. Hefner51

Hefner51 New Member

I'll try that out Tom morning bleeding brown

14. bleedinbrown58

:rofl: my PT sup was an unloader...he loads like Ray Charles having a seizure.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

How many trucks are you loading two? 1. Read the label once. 2.move fast.3.put it where it belongs.

16. Hefner51

Hefner51 New Member

Yes I'm suppose to get a third one this week

17. Hefner51

Hefner51 New Member

How long will they give me to try and get it before they either fire me or move me to somewhere else I'm seasonal by the way

18. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

They will give you until Dec. 24 to get it right. By the way, got a lot of "you ain't seen nothing yet" coming your way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

...bb58 does not like my sense of humor.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  20. bleedinbrown58

Yeah, here's the thing....I don't know you or like you well enough for you to crack jokes like that about me. Just because some other members joke like that with me doesn't mean it's okay for you to do it. I find it misogynistic and rude....please edit your post.

• Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014