Loading/unloading......So is that what everybody was saying was hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiligentUPSer

I got hired last week, and I worked my first day off training yesterday. They made me load and unload. To tell you the truth............IT WAS EASY! Nothing was physically hard about it for me. I loaded 4000 packages in one shift (5 hours). My supervisor was very shocked. He said he never saw or heard of anyone doing this before. He said if I keep it up he'll do everything in his power to make me start driving those brown package cars. Some guy who has been working there a while a told me that I might not feel any pain now, but I will eventually get hit hard down the road with a serious injury if I continue at this pace. I ignored him because I knew he was just jealous. So yeah, the supervisor really seemed to like me. Do you think he'll help me become a driver soon. I want to become a package delivery driver within a year. I'm 18 yrs old between.

LMAO!

First off, when you start at UPS, you're either a loader or an unloader. Not both. 4,000 packages in one shift is not even possible, especially in training. In the building I work in, new hires don't get more than 450 packages in their first few days while being trained even in the rare case that they are worth a damn. Often times, it's as low as 250 since the trainer is showing them how to perform the job. Furthermore, you got the full 5 hours? Yeah, right. You handled 4,000 packages with ease? We just had a new hire who was a current college football player quit after a month because the job was too demanding for the pay and he was only handling around 700 packages per 3 hour shift. He would start off the night like a beast and then fade two hours into it due to fatigue. Your sup doing everything in his power to get you into driving ASAP? LoL, supes have no control over driving bids which are based on seniority, not to mention it would be much more likely that your supe would be harassing you to load 5,000 packages on your second shift. Other than that, good luck in your 10-15 year wait to become a driver

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Trainees don't work five hr shifts and Pt sups have no power lol. But you're right dude, we'll all so incredibly jealous of you. I wish I could give up my seniority, health insurance and weeks of vacation so I could go back like spasm and make $9 an hr. Lmao!!

gorilla75jdw

back off guys , the company has the ability to exercise the 1 for 6 clause in the current contract . All the troll has to do is work til he is atleast 21 and then , maybe the stupidvisor and his superiors will have taken notice of the beast from the east and use the 1/6 langauge in the contract and promote the troll . IJS

gorilla75jdw

Re: What happens if I only work 27 mintutes over my shift?

I cant believe you old heads are entertaining this guy

Big Babooba

Re: Is there any other good paying jobs in UPS besides truck driver?

Not really. I just want to make some big bucks there. Because I heard that there are a lot of opportunities there, so I want to start milking the brown cow too. I'm starting college in a few few months.
One word of advice - Before you start milking the Brown Cow, count the udders. It's extremely dangerous to milk a one-uddered brown cow.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

One word of advice - Before you start milking the Brown Cow, count the udders. It's extremely dangerous to milk a one-uddered brown cow.

Perhaps Muscle would enjoy that.

Indecisi0n

pockq46dk4tvpc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.