Local 104 Pension Contributions 1990-2013 VOTE YES

Inthegame

I wouldn't have to worry about the trustees of my pension plan either paying themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars, or just investing in things that I wouldn't.
Trustees of pension plans are lawfully prevented from receiving salaries. Trustees are unpaid positions, but as usual you didn't know that.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

The 2013-2018 contract was a pile of garbage: $2.50

But that's not the worse part. $2.25 are going to pay for that inferior healthcare the marshmallow man negotiated. Some refer to it as the "carve-out" and others as the Western Conference and Local 177 Health and Welfare Fund.

So a full-time worker is paying today, $1,040 per year for their healthcare insurance.

The Marshmallow man dropped the ball and he should be blasted for it!
I'm a full time package car driver.....I have the western conference 177 insurance plan......and I don't pay $1040.....I pay 0

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
It is important to clarify that out west all part time years are lumped together with full time years... Unlike some parts of the country where it is separate. I believe this is a huge advantage for us. Also the part time years can have contributions up to 2080 hours so for all us hub guys who double shifted or air drove all those hours up to 2080 count!!
I'm reading Art 30 of the West and Sec 17 of the Sort Rider and it says PEER 84 for part-time hired on or after August 1st 2002. I suppose they re-calculate your PEER if you go full-time. I'll try to remember to ask about that next time I see Andy as I'm curious how it would work.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Does every local within the western conference of teamsters trust have peer 80 available to them??
I know Hawaii didn't before when a brother looked into transferring there in 2004. He said they can't retire until age 65 plus there wasn't any feeders so at the time it would have added 15 more years for us in the package car. It's Hawaii but no thanks. Not sure if that is still the case.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Not that I don't believe in the plan but just think if all that money could go into a 401k for 30 years you would have many millions by age 55...I feel lucky to be part of the west coast plan.. For sure
the way people raid their 401k's for home loans & toys out here I'm glad we have the opportunity to have two piles of money to retire with. Three if you count Social Security.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I'm a full time package car driver.....I have the western conference 177 insurance plan......and I don't pay $1040.....I pay 0

You may not be paying for it out of pocket but you are paying for it with diverted pay raises.

What you pay is part of the $1/hr allocated to Health & Welfare that is on top of your pay. It can be just $.50 or $1, but last time I asked they hadn't taken any extra than half. So the way Upstate says it, getting $9.85/hr+ is a diverted pay raise as far as money not going directly in your pocket. It all gets negotiated and there is a provision to divert the actual annual pay raise if necessary but that hasn't come up at all here. Honestly I haven't even had to think about the healthcare issue for over a year as it's been running quite smoothly.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
not sustainable
We're a growth area unlike a lot of other parts of the country. Even during the Great Recession we didn't shrink all that much until 2009 and now we've grown well past the high point of 2006. Turnover in part-time is relatively high so if they aren't vested (5years) all that money goes into the pool. We would have to see several decades of negative growth to have issues.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

What you pay is part of the $1/hr allocated to Health & Welfare that is on top of your pay. It can be just $.50 or $1, but last time I asked they hadn't taken any extra than half. So the way Upstate says it, getting $9.85/hr+ is a diverted pay raise as far as money not going directly in your pocket. It all gets negotiated and there is a provision to divert the actual annual pay raise if necessary but that hasn't come up at all here. Honestly I haven't even had to think about the healthcare issue for over a year as it's been running quite smoothly.
What was negotiated in the contract hasn't been changed for me......yes I know ups pension and healthcare is negotiated hourly with the union.......our healthcare is coming in under budget from what ups pays.......but people are trying to make it sound like we are paying for healthcare out of pocket.....we are not

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I know Hawaii didn't before when a brother looked into transferring there in 2004. He said they can't retire until age 65 plus there wasn't any feeders so at the time it would have added 15 more years for us in the package car. It's Hawaii but no thanks. Not sure if that is still the case.
How do they justify retirement at age 65???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We're a growth area unlike a lot of other parts of the country. Even during the Great Recession we didn't shrink all that much until 2009 and now we've grown well past the high point of 2006. Turnover in part-time is relatively high so if they aren't vested (5years) all that money goes into the pool. We would have to see several decades of negative growth to have issues.
The western conference is made up of a diverse group of companies and upsers are a very small Percentage of members who contribute money(actually ups on our behalf). Trucking in general is a small piece of the the wct pie.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Trustees of pension plans are lawfully prevented from receiving salaries. Trustees are unpaid positions, but as usual you didn't know that.

Oh really, then what's this: https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...al/1445456923/2014SalariesCSPF.pdf?1445456923

Their salaries range from $148,000 to $694,000. There's exactly 30 Central States Executives drawing these enormous salaries.

None of the posted list includes Union Trustees. Are you related to Realbrown1?
Well which is it?

Are these Trustees not allowed to receive salaries? Because they are.

And they are robbing the CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND of millions of dollars a year.

And you have remained quiet on this, why??