Local 104 Pension Contributions 1990-2013 VOTE YES

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Trustees of pension plans are lawfully prevented from receiving salaries. Trustees are unpaid positions, but as usual you didn't know that.
I bet those unpaid "trustees" are unwavering animals?

No way they rubber stamped things along in return for free....trips...meals....etc????

I bet more than one has been to Hawaii in the last 6 years?

Inthegame

I bet those unpaid "trustees" are unwavering animals?

No way they rubber stamped things along in return for free....trips...meals....etc????

I bet more than one has been to Hawaii in the last 6 years?
What's an unwavering animal got to do with anything? Trustees of trust funds are unpaid. End of story.
Rubber stamping things along in return for what? Education? Would you prefer the unpaid trustees pay their own way to educational events?
And I'll bet many more than one showed up at the IFEBP Convention(s) in Hawaii and last year in New Orleans, including the GP candidate on the Teamster United Slate, which is exactly where he should go to better serve his members and their trust funds.
It appears the unwavering animal is barking up the wrong tree tonight.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What's an unwavering animal got to do with anything? Trustees of trust funds are unpaid. End of story.
Rubber stamping things along in return for what? Education? Would you prefer the unpaid trustees pay their own way to educational events?
And I'll bet many more than one showed up at the IFEBP Convention(s) in Hawaii and last year in New Orleans, including the GP candidate on the Teamster United Slate, which is exactly where he should go to better serve his members and their trust funds.
I was referring to the last 17 years of "trustees", not just the last 2 years of meaningless "educational events".

Where were they while the funds spiraled into....today?
Why weren't they screaming for the government to intervene before....now?

It's all too convenient.

Inthegame

I was referring to the last 17 years of "trustees", not just the last 2 years of meaningless "educational events".

It's all too convenient.
Now it's convenient??? Nyhan, not a trustee, was warning of this years ago. However, he can't predict the market so he didn't know the CS fund's (that apparently this discussion has morphed into) future yearly ROI. And he's also not a Congressman.

Why limit the blame to the last 17yrs? Oh nevermind, that would tarnish the image of the guy who irresponsibly implemented service pensions for all.

Anyway, the point I was making was Trustees don't get paid for their service on Trust funds. That's both a simple and undisputed fact that you're contesting with speculative theories. Must've been some good IPA...

I expect senseless rants from Realclown but et tu Brute? I'm out.

Inthegame

It's all too convenient.
Now it's convenient??? Nyhan, not a trustee, was warning of this years ago. However, he can't predict the market so he didn't know the CS fund's (that apparently this discussion has morphed into) future yearly ROI. And he's also not a Congressman.

Why limit the blame to the last 17yrs? Oh nevermind, that would tarnish the image of the guy who irresponsibly implemented service pensions for all.

Anyway, the point I was making was Trustees don't get paid for their service on Trust funds. That's both a simple an undisputed fact that you're contesting with speculative theories. Must've been some good IPA...
I expect senseless rants from Realclown but et tu Brute? I'm out.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
The western conference is made up of a diverse group of companies and upsers are a very small Percentage of members who contribute money(actually ups on our behalf). Trucking in general is a small piece of the the wct pie.
Package delivery is 4%; Freight, trucking & warehousing make up 6% so a significant portion although they parse out the industries fairly thinly to reflect the diverse nature of participants. I was specifically referring to UPS in the WCT being a growth area but if you look at the broad spectrum of participants in the WCT they are all strong industries.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
How do they justify retirement at age 65???
I have no idea. It came up when someone transferred and their pension benefits weren't the same so the Union put out a posting that it was your responsibility to verify with the local you were transferring to what the pension benefits were there vs. here. A coworker had Hawaii come up and called and was told no PEER coverage. Just a quick search pulled up local 986 and 996 in Hawaii, and I'm only seeing local 986 in our Package Rider which has PEER coverage since 2002, but the West just says it includes "Hawaii" and doesn't acknowledge either local in the contribution schedules then only mentions 996 when saying they don't participate in our legal plan.
I think I need to make a trip to Hawaii to find out!

Bamm

LagunaBrown

Well which is it?

Are these Trustees not allowed to receive salaries? Because they are.

And they are robbing the CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND of millions of dollars a year.

And you have remained quiet on this, why??

This thread is about the Western Comference of Teamsters pension plan and not the Centeal states. Your in the wrong thread homie. We are a solvent well funded plan. You can take your black rain cloud somewhere else and stop confusing members. A lot of the TDU minions are confusing guys in the west with that gripe. Make sure you guys put it in context please!

http://wctpension.org

Last edited:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This thread is about the Western Comference of Teamsters pension plan and not the Centeal states. Your in the wrong thread homie. We are a solvent well funded plan. You can take your black rain cloud somewhere else and stop confusing members. A lot of the TDU minions are confusing guys in the west with that gripe. Make sure you guys put it in context please!

http://wctpension.org
Bug off, if someone gives bad info, I am not letting that fly.

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
Me either. And I keep the screenshots to prove it.

LagunaBrown

C'mon Mr. Negative just say it........ The Teamsters kick ass here in the west and take care of you. You can admit it we are all behind you, its the first step to cope with your chicken little "The sky is always falling" depression issue.

realbrown1

C'mon Mr. Negative just say it........ The Teamsters kick ass here in the west and take care of you. You can admit it we are all behind you, its the first step to cope with your chicken little "The sky is always falling" depression issue.
Wctpf is pretty good.

I'll admit it.

Still, I trust ME more with my retirement than strangers.

I mean look what those TRUSTEES did with CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND.

Rode it all the way to insolvency with out making the necessary changes years ago when they could have done some good.

Now, will yo admit the TEAMSTERS screwed that one up?

Wctpf is pretty good.

I'll admit it.

Rode it all the way to insolvency with out making the necessary changes years ago when they could have done some good.

Ron Carey doomed it in 1998. He knew it and did it anyway. It's called politics. Anyone that corrected this would have put themselves out of a job by reducing active members retirement. It would have been the right thing to do but it wasn't possible with the laws that were in place and career suicide. Remember when you don't have retreat rights who's going to go out on that limb? You can probably my for ups have always had retreat rights.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Remember when you didn't have retreat rights and who's going to go out on that limb?

Getting elected into office (was the end of your career) if you didn't get re-elected.

Nowadays, everyone and their brother want's to run.

Because if you don't get re-elected (UPS or NM Freight) you can go back to your previous job.

NM Freight followed UPS members, in that regard.

If you are under a "white paper" contract.... good luck.

Wait, don't tell me.

Would it be the same person....

That gave up "the right to strike" in the NM Freight contract ?

And who was the General President, that negotiated that back ?? :biggrin:

-Bug-

* Unfortunately, most UPS Teamster members live in a microcosm....

When it comes to issues outside their own contract.*

LagunaBrown

Wctpf is pretty good.

I'll admit it.

I am in the Western conference of Teamsters Pension and the correct thread for that topic. If you ever catch me in a CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND I would be happy to answer you.......

Getting elected into office (was the end of your career) if you didn't get re-elected.

Nowadays, everyone and their brother want's to run.

Because if you don't get re-elected (UPS or NM Freight) you can go back to your previous job.

NM Freight followed UPS members, in that regard.

If you are under a "white paper" contract.... good luck.

Wait, don't tell me.

Would it be the same person....

That gave up "the right to strike" in the NM Freight contract ?

And who was the General President, that negotiated that back ?? :biggrin:

-Bug-

* Unfortunately, most UPS Teamster members live in a microcosm....

When it comes to issues outside their own contract.*
I think that most that come to this site come to vent or find out something. They don't realize the things you listed in the above post. Maybe you and game should start a teamsters history thread in the unions issues forum. Schooling a lot of these guys that just woke up in the last two and a half years.

realbrown1

I am in the Western conference of Teamsters Pension and the correct thread for that topic. If you ever catch me in a CENTRAL STATES PENSION FUND I would be happy to answer you.......
Dodge.

It's one of the things a former reformer/Old Guard cheerleader can do.

LagunaBrown

Dodge.

It's one of the things a former reformer/Old Guard cheerleader can do.
I dont need a snow shovel in Los Angeles and I don't need to borrow someone elses trouble either. You are trying to save the world when you don't even know enough about your local, supplements and Rider. Bug, Game and LB are right so if I were to answer you wouldn't like what I had to say anyway. Save yourself the trouble bro. There is a reason you know who I am while you hide in the shadows of the Internet.