Local 177 Election

deleted9

I never said i wasn't in management, i said i was not a sup, and as far as lies, you are getting very upset about the truth, hourly employees do the loading and unloading, the stacking, the blocking of the isle, not the supervisors, not everyone is a problem, through years of experience i have learned the 80/20 concept, which is 80% of the people come to work and do an excellent job every day and then there is the 20% that cause 80% of the problems...... i agree that management should address the issues before they become a problem, and discipline repeat offenders especially when it comes to safety. I used to really get a kick out of listening to drivers complain about their loads especially when their loaded by your teamster brothers and sisters, but i know its all managements fault.

705red

Browncafe Steward
I never said i wasn't in management, i said i was not a sup, and as far as lies, you are getting very upset about the truth, hourly employees do the loading and unloading, the stacking, the blocking of the isle, not the supervisors, not everyone is a problem, through years of experience i have learned the 80/20 concept, which is 80% of the people come to work and do an excellent job every day and then there is the 20% that cause 80% of the problems...... i agree that management should address the issues before they become a problem, and discipline repeat offenders especially when it comes to safety. I used to really get a kick out of listening to drivers complain about their loads especially when their loaded by your teamster brothers and sisters, but i know its all managements fault.
You act like me calling you a sup is disrespectful. Man you are probably the most pompus ass i have yet to encounter on this site. If you truly believe what you wrote how come the company wont allow the union to sit in on the orientation so we can tell these new hires that they are not allowed to stack out under any reasons.

The pictures that I gave to OSHA pretty much sealed it up. Of course UPS argued that it was accidental the packages falling off and even the regional HR/safety dude here threatened to fire me over these pictures. Because it was clear that the whole primary was stacked 6 to 8 feet high and it wasnt the loaders fault. Why would a company do that if their whole intention was to correct a problem?

ShopStewardLocal177

You act like me calling you a sup is disrespectful. Man you are probably the most pompus ass i have yet to encounter on this site. If you truly believe what you wrote how come the company wont allow the union to sit in on the orientation so we can tell these new hires that they are not allowed to stack out under any reasons.

The pictures that I gave to OSHA pretty much sealed it up. Of course UPS argued that it was accidental the packages falling off and even the regional HR/safety dude here threatened to fire me over these pictures. Because it was clear that the whole primary was stacked 6 to 8 feet high and it wasnt the loaders fault. Why would a company do that if their whole intention was to correct a problem?

I had the same problem in my building, and I agree! It's because of poor management that unsafe situations like this one happen.

deleted9

ups has that in place since you know it all im sure you know what a CERT committee is

JonFrum

And let's not forget all the money UPS spends on legislation and lawyers to fight OSHA, safety laws and regulations, and tie up lawsuits in the courts.

I lost track of the 2005 huge Egress Lawsuit. Is it still dragging on?

705red

Browncafe Steward
ups has that in place since you know it all im sure you know what a CERT committee is

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA, this committee is made up MOSTLY of members that do it for the overtime. Many of them came in with good intentions only to see that the district or region comes down and says that would cost to much money to fix it.

How come package cars still dont get orange cones to use when delivering a strip mall or office building?

2units what I spoke in, I did addresss it with the management team several times prior to filing a grievance. Than they dragged out the grievance, they stopped dragging it out when OSHA came in.

T Princess Local 866

CERC is how it's spelled. Red is right most of the employee's do it for the over times. Same as the safety meetings. You get a few passionate one's that after a while see that it's all on paper. You get told you have time to walk around the building and educate other employee's every week. That never happens, you also try to load trucks where you have pt supervisors pushing the boxes into the truck so hard that all they do is fall on the wayside and make egress issues. Yes blame the employee for that. After all they are too busy with there backs turned from the conveyor building walls. I don't think a supervisor even knows where the button is to stop the conveyor so the employee are safe. If someone here is posting and they are retired, UPS has changed over the years. It was a safer place 15 years ago the supervisors cared. Since we went public it's a different story. If my local has to fly planes, put up billboard heck if they have to have a clown blowing up balloons at the gate to bring attention to this problem. Well all i have to say is Here's My dues guys.

T Princess Local 866

BTW they also come in with video cameras, still cameras, go toe to toe with DM's and alike. They will fight with everything they have in there power to save lives and jobs. To make us safer, No it's not cheap, it's not easy and they don't always win. I rather see someone try then not try at all. Like you tell your kids when they come home from school with a C. " you tried your hardest that's all that counts." They do so much that people don't even see.

deleted9

CERC is how it's spelled. Red is right most of the employee's do it for the over times. Same as the safety meetings. You get a few passionate one's that after a while see that it's all on paper. You get told you have time to walk around the building and educate other employee's every week. That never happens, you also try to load trucks where you have pt supervisors pushing the boxes into the truck so hard that all they do is fall on the wayside and make egress issues. Yes blame the employee for that. After all they are too busy with there backs turned from the conveyor building walls. I don't think a supervisor even knows where the button is to stop the conveyor so the employee are safe. If someone here is posting and they are retired, UPS has changed over the years. It was a safer place 15 years ago the supervisors cared. Since we went public it's a different story. If my local has to fly planes, put up billboard heck if they have to have a clown blowing up balloons at the gate to bring attention to this problem. Well all i have to say is Here's My dues guys.

Thank you for correcting me, i hit the wrong key, Co-chaired Employee Retention Committee, i can only speak for my operations that i was responsible for, and i attended every meeting i was available for, you are right about some looking for easy OT, but the people on my committees were given assignments and audits to complete, they were each reviewed at the next meeting, and then sent out to do more and so forth, no free rides if you were on the committee you were there to try and make things better. as far as full shutes and packages falling, there is an answer to that also, the sup in charge should be moving loaders around to keep the the aisles and shutes clean, if one set of feeders is getting a very heavy flow that means one or more of the other loads are not getting a real heavy flow at that time, they need to move people to the potential problem before it becomes a problem. Thats what i would and have done and i trained my sups to keep ahead of any potential problems. Yes UPS has changed some good and some not so good.

deleted9

And let's not forget all the money UPS spends on legislation and lawyers to fight OSHA, safety laws and regulations, and tie up lawsuits in the courts.

I lost track of the 2005 huge Egress Lawsuit. Is it still dragging on?

You are correct about that cost, OSHA can only justify its existence by fining companies, i can only speak for my experiences, in all my years i had 2 unannounced OSHA visits in my buildings, they were random checks not visits because of a complaint made. Both visits were clean, no citations, no infractions, no fines, and no hearings, paper work in place, OSHA 200's and 300's complete and up to date, safety committee active, safety board up to date, pulled steward off the road to be interviewed by the OSHA inspector, was told by one inspector no need for me to come back. Not trying to blow my own horn but this is something i am proud of, and yes i get a little annoyed when people make blanket statements that ups doesn't care about safety.

Hubrat98

I have to take exception to this statement. I've worked in both large and small facilities within the 177 during the last 13 years and as a whole the safety issue has improved dramatically. Five years ago you couldn't turn around without seeing an employee (mgmt. or hourly) walking on a moving belt, standing in a chute, standing on rollers, etc. Naturally, it's all a matter of how the management team treats these issues. Once management stopped doing these things the hourlies followed right in line. I have been lucky to be with a team that just doesn't talk the talk. We address safety issues because those higher up in the food chain have made it very clear that getting an employee injured is much worse than running a few hours over plan.

Dark_Team_135

You need to file a grievance about this for supervisors doing hourly work and at least get paid double time for it until they STOP...

T Princess Local 866

You are one of the lucky ones. Yes you had some people do stupid things like that. We still have sups on moving rollers. It's stupid stuff. Years ago you didn't have this push you have to be under time. They don't care what happens to the employee in my building till it happens. That's when all hell breaks lose. Always the employee's fault. Don't get me wrong, some of the injuries are because employees don't use methods. They also don't use methods because as a company we don't give them the time to use it. move move move get that truck loaded, cleaned out. Move faster it's your truck that is holding up the break. In the winter it's so cold in the building that you can't even move your fingers. I just think they cared more about there employee's 15 years ago. That's why they have some of the safety in place now. It was from them caring 15 years ago.

Hubrat98

The biggest problem with the push on safety from upper management is that they ignored the fact that many of unsafe acts were shortcuts that increased or maintained production. Now, they want front-line supervisors to run the same production numbers but it's less productive to do things safely. This is where upper-mgmt looking the other way on safety issues for years has hurt the operations supervisors. Once they started to look at safety costs and realized they could save $ they started to take it seriously and said things had to be done by the book. When proper safety methods started to be used and production started to slip they wanted to know why. Easy answer: In the Hub it's more productive to do certain things unsafely. Upper-mgmt told us that we should have been doing things the right way the entire time so the #'s shouldn't be slipping.

T Princess Local 866

I agree with you with that. It's not right though. it's a catch 22 for management. That puts employee's in the hospital. I feel if they start the operations earlier than we will meet the commit times. They don't do that they start with no leeway time. If something goes wrong just a belt we are done. Miss commit

T Princess Local 866

An E mail I rec'd from the We need a change in Local 177 people oh come on..

Well the dirty politics have begun

Yes they are taking it personal

If there is not an election this year there will not be an election in over 9 years next time this comes about again

Are you Happy?

3 Guys Retiring this year That means if there is no election only 4 members of this Executive Board were actually Elected by the Voting Process

Are you happy with the appointments they have made????

4 Months till nominations

Now is the time to get involved

Lets not play dirty like them

Lets Come up with the key people to help this Union

This is not a Dictatorship

Pass this email around

Ask Questions Get Informed

Be Proud to be a TEAMSTER

Call the Hall Make Sure your Address is up to date So you can Vote in October

How can there be dirty politics? NO one has stood up and said squat or gave reason's for wanting to vote or have an election?
You just keep sending propaganda out. To e mails i have to add again that were stolen from facebook and who know's what eles. You keep saying local 177 is dirty, Yet OMG I can't count how many times I have asked in this form for you to give some reasons, Answers. You have to know if there was someone dirty in 177 in any way shape or form, If we knew the Local it self would throw them out even call the police or whomever would deal with someone who is dirty in a union. Dirty politics cos someone asked you at the GM if you were running? I have not seen anything dirty. You say that picture or joke about Obama was not on your fb site. That someone stole your Id I would guess and plant it there. OH please... If we need an election to fill vacant spots that is one thing. One to fill your head we don't need. It's not nice to make a lady beg....TELL ME WHAT YOUR PLATFORM IS! Dirty politics give me a break. First off if you want to do a election it's gonna be wild no one goes down without a fight and you got to realize that.. Have you not lived in America to see that. Politics are Politics.. Get over the he said she said stuff. Now you done it. I ruined my nails before they dried. Now i am mad. You should not have gotten me mad you won't like me when I am mad. heheeee... :angry: oh good likeness.....walks away to get nail polish remover and to start all over again phewww.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If that is teh email that was snet out, mayeb it would be in the best interest of gr8mark to read the bylaws. This is where it explains how to fill those vacated seats. But he would rather slam a good local and use the members money to hold an election that he has no chance of winning.

Its funny just a few months ago he started the Edison New Jersey thread promoting the locals fly over.

http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/edison-nj-283499/