Local 177 meeting went well.

A new slate running against the executive broad slate. A new slate member almost fist fighting in the hall with another teamster member. It was a crazy day.

ikoi62

It was interesting that's for sure...come to find out that the Members 1st slate
Are mostly feeder drivers with no experience. Except driving.
I'll be sticking with the Executive slate!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
It was interesting that's for sure...come to find out that the Members 1st slate

If the only ones that can run for union office are guys with experience running a union, how do you ever vote the incumbants out?
Just drivers. BS.

I agree. Only a couple to a few have shop steward experiences. I want a slate that has more union relation experience then them, so I'm good with what we have now. I didn't like the bashing tho. Then again they did it to them selves.

ikoi62

I'm not talking experience running a Union I'm talking about at least some experience with the Union. like Shop Steward at least or knowing something about the contract
I'm not saying all have no experience, but a few of the BA's they nominated have zero experience.
If you want to run the local you should have something to bring to the table...not just the fact that you can yell the loudest.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Time for new blood. Complacency is setting in. Hanging out before AM start time once every few weeks, then no sight of anyone is not leadership.

ikoi62

I agree. Only a couple to a few have shop steward experiences. I want a slate that has more union relation experience then them, so I'm good with what we have now. I didn't like the bashing tho. Then again they did it to them selves.
they did do it to themselves..half the people nominating them didn't know the name of the guy they were nominating..
and then the girl with the Executive slate shirt on trying to nominate a person who was running as a independent had to ask the independent her name, even the lady taking the Info had a chuckle at that one..lol

ikoi62

Time for new blood. Complacency is setting in. Hanging out before AM start time once every few weeks, then no sight of anyone is not leadership.

I don't know what building your in but i know for a fact they are in my building every week and not just hanging out.
as far as complacency you will have to prove that..

they did do it to themselves..half the people nominating them didn't know the name of the guy they were nominating..
and then the girl with the Executive slate shirt on trying to nominate a person who was running as a independent had to ask the independent her name, even the lady taking the Info had a chuckle at that one..lol
I know. That was hilarious.

Inthegame

Tell that to the member whose job is on the line. Bad place to get on the job training...especially when it's someone elses job you lose.

LagunaBrown

If the only ones that can run for union office are guys with experience running a union, how do you ever vote the incumbants out?
Just drivers. BS.

For example when your reform slate lost 3 yeas ago at the last election you should have volunteered at the local to help with organizing and precinct walks. Then try to make some of the general membership meetings so you know how meetings are ran. It also helps if you actually read all of your contract and spend time attending labor rallies. The problem is everyone wants to run against the local but doesn't want to put the time in on the weekends. If you actually did what what I mentioned for 3 years you would have way more respect for your E-Board and most likely not even run against them......... Its the old walk a mile in my shoes thing but hey its your right to run with no experience and waste thousands on an election so keep popping up at election time and you may get lucky one day.

The Milkman

I'm not talking experience running a Union I'm talking about at least some experience with the Union. like Shop Steward at least or knowing something about the contract
I'm not saying all have no experience, but a few of the BA's they nominated have zero experience.
If you want to run the local you should have something to bring to the table...not just the fact that you can yell the loudest.

Back in the late 90's we had some great BA's, One was a driver in my center that was there when I started, he played by the rules, became Shop Steward and took no crap from management and was on everyone to work per the contract rules. He took his job as seriously as anyone can, had no one pulling his strings. There also were at that time many drivers/ shop stewards turned BA's....When I transfered off the road I still saw them come to the other bldgs that I went to..Sounds like today everyone has gotten soft, Drive for 15-20 yrs, become a shop steward, go through what we went through, feel the pressure put on you and others. That is the guy I want in my corner...:2guns:

Back in the late 90's we had some great BA's, One was a driver in my center that was there when I started, he played by the rules, became Shop Steward and took no crap from management and was on everyone to work per the contract rules. He took his job as seriously as anyone can, had no one pulling his strings. There also were at that time many drivers/ shop stewards turned BA's....When I transfered off the road I still saw them come to the other bldgs that I went to..Sounds like today everyone has gotten soft, Drive for 15-20 yrs, become a shop steward, go through what we went through, feel the pressure put on you and others. That is the guy I want in my corner...:2guns: Were you in bound brook in the 90's

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Every local has officers that enter without experience. Where would you gain inter union experience running a union local?

The experience comes in many forms. Most of the job is a learning as you go process.

Some come is as former BA's, former stewards or just "involved" members.

Change is always healthy for a local especially after a contract like this where it was so jacked up that new blood will be needed for the fight in 5 years.

In no way should we allow the same people who screwed up this contract to have another shot at the next contract in 5 years.

Good luck to the new slate running in local 177.

Peace

TOS

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Tell that to the member whose job is on the line. Bad place to get on the job training...especially when it's someone elses job you lose.
So, I guess these guys have jobs for life? I guess a lot of part time sups will have to keep on loading and sorting.

The Milkman

Did you do a route in Hunterdon county? If you did I heard about you. I won't say your name if you don't want me to.

BINGO!!!! I may know you also...were you in BB also?? Send me private message.........I assume you are retired, Never really did Flemington but a few times.... As a split driver alot of routes Phillipsburg, Annandale, Clinton, Frenchtown, Milford etc etc...finally ended up with my own route in Whitehouse Station:happy-very:

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
If they people running the local are fat, lazy and complacent, it is time for new leadership. Funny how an election can get the local's E-board to actually go out to the barns. Our (local 952) S/T came to my barn 3 times in just over a week. Last time I saw him there was the last election (You guessed it) 3 years ago. What a coincidence.