Local 177 members and other locals that voted down supplements need to know this.

CharleyHustle

​Anyway, I sincerely believe by voting no, we will get a better deal., perhaps better medical and pension to start with.

I sincerely believe that UPS is done negotiating. What would happen if UPS caves and gives these supplements that got voted down more of everything? Well my guess would be that UPS would never get a contract approved because every worker would know that a no vote would get more. I don't see them going to far down that road, and in fact a strike would be preferable. Now that being said, you might be able to rearrange some deck chairs, put your raise into the pension, maybe rewrite some local work rules, but getting more money, not going to happen.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Have you read the Supplement? It clearly states Feeder drivers for 4/10's and then limited to 10% of toatal bids, thereby not affecting 90% of Feeders and 100% of Pkg.
This is an excellent point. I would like to add that UPS is notorious for following the contract to the full extent. So, of course they would have followed this new language.

Saddle Crook

This will never happen. The Sunday sort is crucial to the operation.

Ummmm. No it's not. we're talking about boxes dude not medical emergencies. No need to be open on Sundays. especially considering it's the only UPS hub in the country open on Sundays. If you're going to have a hub open on Sundays (which there is absouletly no need to) open one in California the biggest state.

ikoi62

Saddle brook is not the only hub open on Sundays,Parsippany is also open and I think Edison.don't like Sundays? Transfer to another sort.

RealPerson

I sincerely believe that UPS is done negotiating. What would happen if UPS caves and gives these supplements that got voted down more of everything? Well my guess would be that UPS would never get a contract approved because every worker would know that a no vote would get more. I don't see them going to far down that road, and in fact a strike would be preferable. Now that being said, you might be able to rearrange some deck chairs, put your raise into the pension, maybe rewrite some local work rules, but getting more money, not going to happen.

How long have you been at UPS? UPS gave it's LAST AND FINAL OFFER.. We had A Strike, I Believe we got More than we asked fofr in our last and final offer...

2 things
FULL Strike Funds
Amazon

When we went on strike, I think I got $15 or $30 Dollars something like that AFTER 2 weeks... I used it to buy food for the Strike Line!

Saddle Crook

Saddle brook is not the only hub open on Sundays,Parsippany is also open and I think Edison.don't like Sundays? Transfer to another sort.

edison is not open sundays!

Transfer to another sort? how about dealing and answering the issue? How about quitting and leaving which many are considering?

are you an ******* supervisor?

censored words LOL!

ikoi62

Read what i posted...i said i THINK they are open..key word in that phrase is THINK..something you don't do when you read.
So you went from being the only building open on Sundays to one of 2 open on Sundays.
what issue is there? you were hired knowing the hours of operation..you chose to stay. there are a lot of doors for you to walk out of if you don't like the hours.
so quit and leave..if many are considering it take them with you..UPS will fill those spots quickly.
and why is it when some on here don't like what they hear they call people names..like supervisor.
28 years as a Teamster thank you.

especially considering it's the only UPS hub in the country open on Sundays. If you're going to have a hub open on Sundays (which there is absolutely no need to) open one in California the biggest state

So now you know your not the only hub open on Sunday. did you also know that California is Not the biggest state.Alaska is and then Texas then California.

TimeForChange

It is illegal for UPS to be "done negotiating". The supplements got voted down, so by law, they must now engage in "good faith" bargaining.

"Every worker would know that a NO vote would get more."

Well if the workers had any brains they should already know that a NO vote will get you more. That's why you vote NO. Ever been to Mexico? When some street vendor tells you that that bottle of tequila or that trinket is 1,000 pesos, do you say yes or no? If you're not a maroon, you say NO!!! Ever bought a new car? Do you walk on the lot and write a check for the full sticker price? You do if you're a maroon.

Sit back and watch what improvements end up being made in the supplements that were just voted down. The UPSers in the supplements that voted YES the first time will be calling themselves morons for voting YES.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
It is illegal for UPS to be "done negotiating". The supplements got voted down, so by law, they must now engage in "good faith" bargaining.

Well if the workers had any brains they should already know that a NO vote will get you more. That's why you vote NO. Ever been to Mexico? When some street vendor tells you that that bottle of tequila or that trinket is 1,000 pesos, do you say yes or no? If you're not a maroon, you say NO!!! Ever bought a new car? Do you walk on the lot and write a check for the full sticker price? You do if you're a maroon.

Sit back and watch what improvements end up being made in the supplements that were just voted down. The UPSers in the supplements that voted YES the first time will be calling themselves morons for voting YES.

I couldn't of had said better myself TforC.

CharleyHustle

How long have you been at UPS? UPS gave it's LAST AND FINAL OFFER.. We had A Strike, I Believe we got More than we asked fofr in our last and final offer...

You believe? So... you're not sure? I know some who are certain that we got no more than was first offered. Regardless, the circumstances are entirely different, your representative shook hands and agreed to the deal, in '97 this never happened. Strike fund? How about new career path, after we go on strike about half of the no voters will no longer have a job at UPS.

CharleyHustle

Oh, I'm sure UPS will be at the table, and be looking to negotiate down as customers ship their packages elsewhere. I think in your examples you need to figure out who is selling the tequila and the car, in labor contracts the company is the buyer.

kingOFchester

""It will be 'business as usual' while UPS and the IBT resolve remaining issues and Teamster represented employees ratify new agreements," said John McDevitt, UPS Sr. Vice President, Human Resources and Labor Relations."................................."UPS is committed to quickly resolving remaining issues on UPS Freight and supplemental agreements. This is part of the normal negotiating process and UPS is confident that these contracts will be resolved soon."

UPS Employees Approve National Master Contract - Yahoo! Finance

Sounds like UPS is willing to give a little more.

As I said before, this is a huge problem for Hoffa/Hall. They have themselves in a loose loose loose situation. From my understanding, as of yesterday, UPS has not heard anything from the IBT.

Hoffa/Hall is screwed. They can't not respond to the failed supplements as the Master will be dead in the water until the supplements are fixed. The supplements won't get fixed unless more is negotiated for those supplements. If they get those supplements fixed, the majority of the voters, (53%) will be pissed because now they will have less then what the No voters got. They will be asking Hall why did he present a contract that wasn't the best offer.

There is no good outcome for Hoffa/Hall. This is the end of the road. And the way this is playing out is a worst case scenario for Hoffa/Hall. Majority voted yes, but the No voters have the control and the only way to fix the mess is to get the minority more.

Majority = nothing more
Minority (the ones who now control the master and failed supplements) = Could get more.

If they renegotiate better supplements that ultimately pass:
Majority = Pissed off
Minority = Happy

Last edited:

CharleyHustle

"Except for historical information contained herein, the statements made in this release constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the intent, belief or current expectations of UPS and its management regarding the company's strategic directions, prospects and future results, involve certain risks and uncertainties. Certain factors may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements, including economic and other conditions in the markets in which we operate, our competitive environment, increased security requirements, strikes, work stoppages and slowdowns, changes in energy prices, governmental regulations and other risks discussed in the company's Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which discussions are incorporated herein by reference."
CTidbwnewssty20130625006689r1sidyaho3distronx

From the same article. Sounds to me what they say and what they do can be two different things.

kingOFchester

"Except for historical information contained herein, the statements made in this release constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Such forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the intent, belief or current expectations of UPS and its management regarding the company's strategic directions, prospects and future results, involve certain risks and uncertainties. Certain factors may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in the forward-looking statements, including economic and other conditions in the markets in which we operate, our competitive environment, increased security requirements, strikes, work stoppages and slowdowns, changes in energy prices, governmental regulations and other risks discussed in the company's Form 10-K and other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which discussions are incorporated herein by reference."
CTidbwnewssty20130625006689r1sidyaho3distronx

From the same article. Sounds to me what they say and what they do can be two different things.

The "article" does indeed have that at the bottom. Yes, UPS can't predict the future. The statement is of normal nature. Releases and statements from a company can and will be used in a court of law if something doesn't go as planned and the stock tanks. Class action lawsuits and investor lawsuit lawyers will spend many hours reading every statement made by UPS if a strike happens and investors loose money. It is called disclosure. If you like, I can show you examples of lawsuits brought against companies just because their stock tanked. I could start off with the banks. Let me know.

FYI, that is not an article, but rather a press release. Sent out by UPS.

Last edited:

TimeForChange

I think in your examples you need to figure out who is selling the tequila and the car, in labor contracts the company is the buyer.

No, the workers are the buyers. The company states what they want (TA), and we, the workers, decide whether or not we accept that. Right now, 47% ain't buying it.

Saddle Crook

you were hired knowing the hours of operation..you chose to stay. there are a lot of doors for you to walk out of if you don't like the hours.
so quit and leave..if many are considering it take them with you..UPS will fill those spots quickly.

I was hired Monday - Friday. (not knowing hours of operation as you mentioned).

Many will quit and it will not be long until the others figure out UPS sucks and is a crooked organization.

UPS can't fill spots quickly any more. Stop being brainwashed by them.