Local 177 Sunday Sort

DOK

No jackass. This time I'll type slower so you can comprehend.

If you work Mon-Fri 9 to 5 you report in on Friday at 9 and then Monday at 9. That's 72 hours, Einstein.

At the Saddle Brook hub the midnight shifts starts at 11 or 11:15 PM Thursday and then Sunday start time is 6 PM. That's 5 hours short of the 72 hour weekend.

No other way to explain it to you. Get it thru your skull.

And who works 9-5 at ups???? We drivers have been punching out fri nights at 7 at the earliest, the avg in my center is 8pm punch out with all the rtes they cut Fridays. Odd hours and shifts comes with the job at ups, we all new that soon after we started, can't expect to change that, roll with it my friend.

ikoi62

No jackass. This time I'll type slower so you can comprehend.

If you work Mon-Fri 9 to 5 you report in on Friday at 9 and then Monday at 9. That's 72 hours, Einstein.

At the Saddle Brook hub the midnight shifts starts at 11 or 11:15 PM Thursday and then Sunday start time is 6 PM. That's 5 hours short of the 72 hour weekend.

No other way to explain it to you. Get it thru your skull.

please give up...your brain must be on fire now.
listen come to the next union meeting and ill explain it to you in person..

ikoi62

I'm still trying yo understand this

If you work Mon-Fri 9 to 5 you report in on Friday at 9 and then Monday at 9. That's 72 hours

Report time to report time is 72 hours....but don't you have to work on Friday? don't the weekend start when you get out of work?
so the weekend starts at 5 pm on Friday and ends on Monday at 9 am

7+48+9=64 still not 72

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I get what you're saying, but your terminology is wrong.

You're clearly upset about working Sundays in lieu of Fridays, but I'd bet most people would rather report to work Sunday evening than to work over Friday night. Does starting earlier on Sunday yield you more hours, or do you just finish earlier? Given the choice to work between 6PM-10PM/11PM or 11PM-3AM/4AM, I'd bet most people would pick the former.

Wishing ill on UPS (hoping the volume / Amazon dies) because of a petty change is ridiculous. Perhaps you should consider quitting and finding a more suitable job instead.

bluehdmc

Used to be there was a Sunday differential, then somewhere along the line people gave it up. (probably for some sort of signing bonus). It use to be a lot nicer before they moved the sort to Sunday at Saddle Brook. I heard one time they averaged about a 40% absentee rate on Sundays. I can understand, a college kid, making a whole 9 or 10 dollars an hour, hanging out with his buddies (who don't have to work Sunday nite) at the shore or around the pool on a Sunday doesn't want to stop the party for $27 to $30.
Somewhere along the line thank your union brothers who voted yes on the contract that took the differential away.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Used to be there was a Sunday differential, then somewhere along the line people gave it up. (probably for some sort of signing bonus). It use to be a lot nicer before they moved the sort to Sunday at Saddle Brook. I heard one time they averaged about a 40% absentee rate on Sundays. I can understand, a college kid, making a whole 9 or 10 dollars an hour, hanging out with his buddies (who don't have to work Sunday nite) at the shore or around the pool on a Sunday doesn't want to stop the party for $27 to $30.
Somewhere along the line thank your union brothers who voted yes on the contract that took the differential away.

I'm confused by the logic here.

There are three choices:
(A) Work overnight Friday; e.g. 11PM -> 4AM
(B) Work Sunday evenings; e.g. 6PM->11PM
(C) Work overnight Sunday; e.g. 11PM -> 4AM

You believe the current schedule is the worst for college students? Really? You think they'd rather be working overnight Fridays in lieu of Sunday evenings???

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

First off what does lazy have to do with it?

Secondly it's more than two hours Einstein. Much more.

I wasn't emphasizing the more hours the worse it is, I was emphasizing that the more hours the better it is, that's why I put "atleast". Now who's the lazy maroon here? Some people would love to get 10 more hours added onto their weekly hours, heck, even 20 more.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrownBrokeDown

Hopefully we'll lose Amazon. If Amazon is smart they'll bounce.

I can't even begin to think how you would even have this cross your mind. Has the school systems got this bad about teaching kids how to logically reason?

We lose Amazon and there is 2 scenarios depending on why your work at UPS:
1. If you want to become full time, guess what...you won't. They will have too many full-timers and they will be counting down the days till some retire so that they can get them off the books.
2. You want to stay part time (just there for benefits/spending cash/etc.). Either they would get the union to agree to let go of short term pter's to save the company (whether it was true or not) or the next contract would be the worst contract in the history of UPS.

Amazon is a HUGE cashcow. We do not want to lose Amazon. I can't even begin to understand the reasoning.