Local 251 Rats and new slate formation

Spongebob1

Maybe that Stink who thought his buddy Joe would get re-elected hands down. Haha!

Yep,......... I heard it's the stewards that walked out / (quit) to prove a point - (their loyalty) To J.B. But here's the "kicker" in all of this, most of the members are happy with the new leadership,.....it's a case of disgruntled ex-stewards that actually hurt themselves, ( cut my nose off to spite my face ) that don't have the perks they used to have,.........js

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Yep,......... I heard it's the stewards that walked out / (quit) to prove a point - (their loyalty) To J.B. But here's the "kicker" in all of this, most of the members are happy with the new leadership,.....it's a case of disgruntled ex-stewards that actually hurt themselves, ( cut my nose off to spite my face ) that don't have the perks they used to have,.........js
What perks do stewards get in your local?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

I applaud stewards, they put a lot of time and hard work into their job, and in some cases it's a thankless job,...... one of the "perks" is moving up the ladder,
(B.A) especially if you are well liked,
When you said perks I was shocked, but now I understand your point.........because I was gonna say being a steward isnt easy.....dealing with everyones headaches

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Eh, some just need a taste of crap in order to appreciate what they passed up. Let's avoid that in the international election. Thanks. Cheaper ain't better.
Neither is lazy and arogant.
Agreed. Probably why there are 6.5 slates running in the 251 local election. Favoritism didn't take long.
The larger the number of slates running against the incumbents, the more chance the incumbents win.

My money is on the incumbents.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Neither is lazy and arogant.

The larger the number of slates running against the incumbents, the more chance the incumbents win.

My money is on the incumbents.
IF the slate stays intact. Plus the new ST has his sights on an international spot with a year and 6 months under his belt.

You know me...
Rumor has it there are multiple opposition slates running. Best of luck to all of em. The members spoke loud and clear last election, and they will do it again this election. But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were one of JB's former lovers. Most members seem happy with the current leadership. The biggest complaint I have heard is that the monthly meetings run a little long. Compare that to the complaints of "My BA screwed me by signing an MOU" or "We found out from HR that the Union agreed to extend the contract" and it doesn't take the man in my Avatar to predict the results of the next Local 251 election. But go ahead, by all means, jump on a slate. You have every right in the world. Best of luck.

wide load

Rumor has it there are multiple opposition slates running. Best of luck to all of em. The members spoke loud and clear last election, and they will do it again this election. But I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were one of JB's former lovers. Most members seem happy with the current leadership. The biggest complaint I have heard is that the monthly meetings run a little long. Compare that to the complaints of "My BA screwed me by signing an MOU" or "We found out from HR that the Union agreed to extend the contract" and it doesn't take the man in my Avatar to predict the results of the next Local 251 election. But go ahead, by all means, jump on a slate. You have every right in the world. Best of luck.
That doesn't sound like UPS. More like RIH.
Just pray that those opposition slates don't come out of the current administration. That could go badly for the incumbents.

You know me...
That doesn't sound like UPS. More like RIH.
Just pray that those opposition slates don't come out of the current administration. That could go badly for the incumbents.

I'll admit I know more about RIH than UPS, (Despite what Leadbelly thinks) but the complaints I heard in the past were pretty horrific. The previous BA, as I understand it, was a nice guy, good family man, but had zero business being in charge of an aggressive employer like UPS...

street walking cheetah

View attachment 46236
Seems as though TDU does have something to do with it. At least 31k of it anyway.
Where do you get 31k from that? Please explain.
And are you saying the Local is just cutting checks to tdu? Are there goods or services being paid for to TRF?
Apparently I'm too dumb to understand your statements.
How are the finances overall? I know the magazine said there were big savings last year.

wide load

Where do you get 31k from that? Please explain.
And are you saying the Local is just cutting checks to tdu? Are there goods or services being paid for to TRF?
Apparently I'm too dumb to understand your statements.
How are the finances overall? I know the magazine said there were big savings last year.
Who wrote the magazine? Reference the picture.